Caregiver for Cancer Survivor
I am developing a lot more empathy for homebound people after nursing a friend back to help after a serious bout of cancer. Cancer can not only sap your vitality but make doing simple things difficult. In addition my father is in a nursing home because it was no longer possible to care for him at home after he lost the use of his legs.
It is difficult and does not help to say "you can do it. Try harder." Every physical illness also has a mental component combined with it. People see the physical ailment but often cannot see the deep emotional wounds that accompany a serious physical impairment.
My heart reaches out to all of you who are struggling with home bound issues 
@soulsings Thank you for giving us an insight into the suffering of cancer patients. It is a remidner that an illness like this can cause a lot of pain and anguish in every part of the body including the emotions. I commend you for your efforts in nursing your friend back. It's a lot of love and patient you would have to give. 
@PacificSunrise thank you Sunrise. It has brought me to depths of feeling I never thought I would have to go. But there is a way out. Helping others has been my lifeline to a new life. :)
