Husband has cancer
I am a mom to a 2 year old and my husband has cancer. I really feel I can't do anything right. My husband can be so cruel.
@intuitiveLime365 I am so sorry to hear this. It is hard enough being a mom to a 2 year old and now you have this added pressure and pain. I do hope that you can get moments to your self so that you can take a deep breath and find the courage to carry on again.
Please feel free to reach out to me and we can chat 1-1 if you feel it might help you. I see you are a new joiner to 7 Cups so welcome! and let's hope that 2023 is a better year ❤️
Listening - One Step At A Time!
@intuitiveLime365 Sorry to hear about your struggles. When my father got cancer, he started to micro manage a lot in the house, and we later understood it was from his fear of facing the prospect of death. That scared him, and he was also terrified he will be gone and we will not be able to cope with taking care of the house properly. So he wanted to get a lot done in a short amount of time the way he saw it right, his motivation being that he was teaching us for our own good. I do not know what is your partner feeling and going through, but it is not easy on any of the three of you. Even if they are aimed at you, try not to take the words of your partner personally, at this time, because people that get a cancer diagnostic, they experience a wide range of emotions, like fear, anxiety, sadness, anger and overwhelm. It’s completely normal to feel this wide range of emotions when facing a cancer diagnosis. He could be in any of the five stages of grief—commonly known as DABDA, which stands for "denial," "anger," "bargaining," "depression," and "acceptance". I wish you strength and also I hope he finds the best treatment for his case. With acceptance after a cancer diagnostic comes hope. And there are plenty of reasons to feel hopeful—millions of people are cancer survivors. Wishing you three the best, as a cancer diagnosis can affect the mental health and well-being of people with cancer, their families, and also caregivers. Many blessings!