For those who have friends in real life
I'm 31 and I'm struggling to make friends in real life due to a menial job or not knowing how do you go about it if not in touch with friends from school or college. I am studying western music from trinity college london- india and its digital so i don't get to meet people except my classical guitar teacher once a week online and some of my students occasionally as I have been teaching Guitar privately from home since 3.5 years part time.
Would love to know your thoughts on getting into a platonic relationship or a romantic one as i'm getting older. Thanks for reading.
@aquaShip1842 love ur username! <3 I wish you find the friendship you're looking for 🍀 and things start to feel a little lighter 🤍 You're not alone, and you truly matter ❤️ Sending lots of love your way 🐾💕
Joining clubs can help, but for me it took real time to create connections after college/university as proximity with meaningful connection is how friendships are forged.
I don’t consider age part of this. I had friends being considerably older than myself, but what was important was having the emotional capacity or their want to be friends. Harder than it sounds, especially with some much online versus in person - could be a thing for you? I am not sure.
I cannot say I have close friends yet, but there are a few people I can say I can call if I am having a hard time that are in similar circumstances in terms of no spouse or have time to chat and hang out. My other college friends, hometown friends, are in a different life stage than me being married with kids… so they’re different now, and I cannot connect with them anymore.