Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Loosing my BFF and really starting to feel lonely / alone

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 August 12th, 2025

To my former BFF, getting this out there, trying to find ways to heal. 💜  Tough day today for some reason. I was feeling great for the past two weeks.

“She’s no longer part of my everyday, but she’s still part of my story. I don’t reach out, not because I don’t care, but because I do. I’ve learned that love sometimes means stepping back—not to forget, but to protect what was good. Her presence lives in the way I think, the way I remember, the way I carry myself. It’s quieter now, but no less real.”


I miss her so. 🥹

7
User Profile: peachThinker662
peachThinker662 August 12th, 2025

@braindamag3

 I’m so glad you shared this. This explains the loneliness you were talking about, Even if it is beneficial for our lives, letting go of never easy. And sometimes those memories and the fact that the person isn’t in our lives, creeps up to say hey. It’s a bit of a grieving process. Allow yourself to feel, allow yourself to express what you need, allow yourself some compassion. We are all here for you 💛💛💛💛

hugs.gif

1 reply
User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP August 12th, 2025

@peachThinker662

Thank you for this.

I don't know why I am feeling so depressed about this today.
She is still in my life but just not in the capacity as she was 6 months ago. I have learnt to step back and give her space and not overwhelm her or make her feel uncomfortable. 
I have left communication open but told her she would have to initiate it first, she did reach out to me yesterday in Teams to just say hello and ask how my vacation went. it was nice to see her voice. She also mentioned that she would be on a weeks vacation next week and I basically told her that I hope she enjoys it.

load more
User Profile: Kiara00
Kiara00 August 12th, 2025

I feel sorry for you. i wish i could help in someway.

1 reply
User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP August 12th, 2025

@Kiara00

Thank you, just replying does help in a way. 🤗

load more
User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP August 26th, 2025

@convivialAvocado1138

Your poem, or partial poem was touching. 🤗

I wrote this a bit ago.

1 reply
User Profile: convivialAvocado1138
convivialAvocado1138 August 26th, 2025

Thanxx @braindamag3

I can feel your emotion in your words

Hopefully, in this new journey it's helping you heal

ð¥¹

load more
User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 OP October 17th, 2025

I'm so torn over this.

I have left communication open for her to reach out because she told me I overwhelmed her and made her feel uncomfortable but her silence has spoken volumes. Not a peep from her, All I've gotten has been a smile or a Hi when we pass each other in the halls at work and now I just want to avoid her area all together.

I am retiring in 2 1/2 months, I have asked my team to keep my intentions quiet and to not go gossiping about my retirement. Not just so she would know but I could not care less about the rest of the employees in the company and that my introverted self does not want to deal with attention from people I don't like.

If she continues to stay silent, I'm undecided whether or not to ever tell her I am leaving. It's sh!te like this that just eats away at me and I feel like it's slowly killing me inside. I find it really hard to let go of the past 12 years we shared. 🥹