Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How do you deal when you have to always be the provider in your friendships

User Profile: wittyStrings2337
wittyStrings2337 July 22nd, 2023

I feel that my friends they say they want to meet but never put in the efforts to make plans. I always have to step up to make plans with them and plan out everything else they will never do anything. Lately i realised that i dont enjoy being a provider and it is just building a resentment towards them. How do you deal with it

1
User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 23rd, 2023

Hiya @wittyStrings2337 nice to meet you! So valid to feel disappointed when you sense your friends not putting in equal/ any efforts in nurturing y'alls friendship when friendships should be a two-way street, I see how sometimes things just accumulate together developing a feeling of resentment towards them, I'd feel the same being in your place!

How do you feel about communicating the same to your friends? Sometimes, people may not realise how they (unintentionally even) make others feel, a good friend would actually appreciate you opening up and sharing how you feel with them, bringing up what you're bothered with and seeking a common ground to move forward with them, I feel!

You deserve to prioritize your sense of peace and emotional comfort, being around people who make you feel valued too and put in effort to show that, or atleast be willing to accept and work on it, doing their best to nurture the bond! 💛