Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Outgrown my best friend of 5 years and I feel horrible

User Profile: frankSquare3462
frankSquare3462 March 30th, 2024

I planned to gradually distance myself from her so I could tell her the truth, since I didn’t want to drop a bomb on her and catch her unprepared. A couple days ago she made an appreciation post for me where she expressed her gratitude for having me in her life… That made me feel like the worst person alive. I can’t do this to her. :( Even though most of our hangouts result in me coming back home drained and emotionally burned out.


What am I even supposed to do now..?

1
User Profile: toughTiger6481
toughTiger6481 March 30th, 2024

@frankSquare3462

It does take time and planning but if you encourage her to spread her wings and do things other then with you you can either convince her or let her feel it is she that has outgrown you.