Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Trauma? Did it make a believer out of you ? Make athiest or agnostic out of you?

User Profile: Sandhya60
Sandhya60 May 11th, 2025

Yes..I've always been agnostic, athiest..I recently survived a traumatic event. I'm now a deeply rooted agnostic. It didn't convert me into a believer. I've had repeated trauma over the years...but..sadly...it mostly has turned me off to any belief. My family is pretty much the same..my sister's very much agnostic athiests. Physical abuse history and for me..repeat Physical traumas. I'm not of martyr mentality. So please do share your experiences here..I think we can all learn from each other...

3
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 May 12th, 2025

@Sandhya60 I suffered through 18 years of trauma that was due to religious people. That's what I thought they were anyways, now I realise that the bad people used religion as a disguise😥 but after that I got to come to a new world, the real world🙂 still today I can't believe the beauty that surrounds us, the kindness that people can show us, the miracles that happen all around us and I can't help but to believe that the big guy in the sky has a reason for us all 💖 I do not belong to any particular religion, but I believe in God, heaven and angels 💖 gives you a giant tiny hug 💗 I understand religion is not for everyone, and I respect everyone's beliefs💖 we all must follow our own path💖

2 replies
User Profile: Sandhya60
Sandhya60 OP May 12th, 2025

May I ask.

.why do you believe in god? I'm asking as a serious talking point. Not badgering. I really do want to know. The answer is fleeting to me. What trauma I have experienced, to me seems like dumb luck. And if so, then this explains lottery winners...I would have rather won the lottery

1 reply
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 May 12th, 2025

@Sandhya60 😂 yeah if it's only dumb luck I'd of preferred to win the lottery too🙂💖 but I was held in captivity by a a group of bad people. Fastforward 18 years and  I realised that  the sound I often heard is actually a bird, I saw the sky, felt the sun, trees, flowers and I was just in awe of the beauty. Then I was moved here to the carehome, I realised that people were kind and learnt about the world. I was finally free, safe and I couldn't help but be so grateful and feel so blessed, I knew then that there was a God and angels🙂 I also need to believe that my son is up in heaven and he's safe now 💖 so I don't know if I'm right but I need something to believe in💖

load more
load more