Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One skill i'd like to learn is.....[fill in the blank]

User Profile: Laura
Laura March 6th, 2017

One skill i'd like to learn is.....[fill in the blank]

ARCHIVED - NEW Posts will be removed

983
User Profile: Drummer40
Drummer40 September 28th, 2017

To play the piano.

User Profile: Abdallah2017
Abdallah2017 September 29th, 2017

How to change my perception and interperetation of things?

User Profile: Scor3030
Scor3030 September 29th, 2017

I would like to learn how to be more calm. I'm too hyperactive and all over the place. I want to be able to quiet and calm my mind and body. I'm trying to do this by practicing meditation and its a lot harder than I thought it would be.

2 replies
September 29th, 2017

@Scor3030 ikr! Sometimes meditation just stressea me out more 😅

User Profile: YesYouCan7
YesYouCan7 September 29th, 2017

@Scor3030 If it helps, try choosing one simple activity you do every day and try to keep your attention on it. It can be something as simple as noting the taste of the food you eat, or the movements of your hand as you brush your teeth. No need to overdo neither, just let your attention rest on the action.

load more
User Profile: Abdallah2017
Abdallah2017 September 30th, 2017

How to take 15 seceonds before saying any sentence?

User Profile: BeingOfService
BeingOfService September 30th, 2017

How to code

User Profile: Abdallah2017
Abdallah2017 October 1st, 2017

Think for 15 seconds before saying anything

User Profile: Saffron9
Saffron9 October 2nd, 2017

How to have fun.

1 reply
User Profile: Totheskyandbeyond
Totheskyandbeyond January 19th, 2018

@Saffron9 Hey there! I am a fish too. =)

load more
User Profile: Bluesetsky
Bluesetsky October 3rd, 2017

To educate myself in college😎

User Profile: BeingOfService
BeingOfService October 5th, 2017

How to relax and enjoy the moment

2 replies
October 6th, 2017

@BeingOfService this ×1000

2 replies
User Profile: BeingOfService
BeingOfService October 6th, 2017

@Anonynectarine It's such an important skill but it's so hard to remember sometimes.

2 replies
October 6th, 2017

@BeingOfService especially when you need to remember it most. It's so much easier to get caught up in the drama of the moment or in worrying about the past or future at the expense of the present

2 replies
User Profile: BeingOfService
BeingOfService October 12th, 2017

@Anonynectarine Exactly! One thing my therapist told me on Tuesday. Depression is living in the past, anxiety is thinking about the future, peace is living in the moment.

2 replies
October 12th, 2017

@BeingOfService funny you say that. I was talking with a friend earlier this week and realized that at any given point, we have exactly what we need to take that next step in the present. The kicker is remembering that during an anxiety hit 🤔

2 replies
User Profile: BeingOfService
BeingOfService October 14th, 2017

@Anonynectarine Yeah that's the hardest part of anxiety. When it hits we don't remember all the good advice and truths that we've learned. Instead we're just caught up in the "what coulds" or "what shoulds", ya know?

2 replies
October 14th, 2017

@BeingOfService yes! Which just compounds the problem. I wonder if there is a way to stay present even when anxiety hits. If there is, it'll probably take a lot of practice.

2 replies
User Profile: BeingOfService
BeingOfService October 16th, 2017

@Anonynectarine I'm sure there is. There are many books out there on practicing mindfulness in the moments of anxiety and depression. The Mindful Way Through Depression is a great book for this.

Good luck with your journey in fighting anxiety. It's tough for us to overcome, but it's the best feeling ever when we do.

1 reply
October 17th, 2017

@BeingOfService good luck to you too!

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Melygomez3
Melygomez3 October 6th, 2017

How to bake and find a way the cook faster just a bit.

1 reply
User Profile: YesYouCan7
YesYouCan7 October 7th, 2017

@Melygomez3, although I've been cooking since childhood, I've only got into baking a couple of weeks ago. This is the recipe (simple bread baking) that got me started: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/basic-homemade-bread. Now I'm doing complex bread recipes, muesli bars, ginger cookies, crackers, ... and a few people even asked me to buy some of my loafs. Once you get the hang of it, it's quite easy and fun - I'd say even addictive, lol. Now I just google "healthy bread recipes" and do them one by one, as one bread finishes, I bake a new one. Hope you have as much fun! :)

1 reply
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 October 13th, 2017

@YesYouCan7

wow, yesyoucan, that sounds wonderful. i do some of the baking you mentioned too and it is really fun, only the little crackers are not funny, they do not want to turn out well, nevertheless i eat them. i wish you lots of fun - xmas is coming soon.

1 reply
User Profile: YesYouCan7
YesYouCan7 October 15th, 2017

@amiablePeace77 Yes!, I also have trouble with the crackers! My girlfriend loves them, but I find them... well, just "meh". Let me know if you stumble upon a magic way to make them better, hehe

1 reply
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 October 16th, 2017

@YesYouCan7

i will, i am looking for magic, need it for x-mas cookies and crackers.

load more
load more
load more
load more