Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What have you lost or are always losing??

User Profile: Heather225
Heather225 June 25th, 2025

image_1750874846.png

One of the most maddening regularities in my life is losing track of stuff. If it's not my glasses, it's my phone, or it's that piece of jewelry that's been missing since 2021 that I dream about 😤

What about you?

⁉️ What's an item you've lost that you never found?

🤷 What's something you're always losing?

The more ridiculous or mundane, the better! Let's hear your tales of mysterious disappearances and items gone rogue!

56
User Profile: SparkyGizmo
SparkyGizmo June 30th, 2025

@Heather225

Wooo hoooo! 😊 ❤️ Thank you for the forum post and this is definitely a fun one for me! 😊


Many years back I had read that people on average spend 2.5 days or 60 hours a year searching for lost or misplaced items. 😳 I was shocked at how time really does add up and considered how could I have better spent that time. So.......


I made a commitment to become really organized. Everything has a place, everything has a home. If it's laying around then it's simply in transit and its on the agenda to go to it's dedicated space. Life becomes easier and one can be able to see if areas are cluttered and a clean out is needed or a restock of certain items might need to happen. (Pro tip: do your best to leave 10% of your organizational space open as it signals to the universe that you are ready to receive more ❤️ )


I had also read some sort of "are you truly organized" questionnaire. While I can't remember all of the questions, I was kind of like.....good points! Some of the questions were can you find your social security card, birth certificate, life insurance information, home owners insurance information, etc. in less than three minutes? Another question was something like....say your wallet/purse was stolen...do you have a set of back up keys, a photocopy of all of your credit cards (front and back) so that you know exactly how to report that they have been stolen should the need arise? To say the least, it was quite telling. 😳 I was like....let me get right on that! 😊


An Item that I have lost and never have found was my favorite shade of lipstick. I don't know where that tube of lipstick went, cant find it and I don't remember the name of the shade. Having fun with trail and error for that one at this point to find a duplicate.


What's something that you are always losing?  Me! 😊 Many years ago I suffered a blow to the head by falling down a flight of stairs. It was all hardwood, no carpet and from top to bottom I went. My sweet fur baby got under my feet. She just wanted to be close to me and she really was my velcro buddy. 


After some time I realized that some parts of my brain had been injured. Sence of direction/geography is gone. I make a plan to drive and leave the house but have to have detailed written directions to refer to as if I have never been there before. Sure, I know that I have been there, I know what the place is like and remember leaving to go there and remember coming home but the direction and how I got there is always gone the next day. 


It affected my higher order math skills (calculus, etc) which I wasn't ever fond of anyway, lol 😊 as well as things related to technology. I have netflix, a firestick, silly remotes and I leave it up to friends to use them when they come over to watch a movie as they remember how to use them and I can't. Makes you easy to get along with and everyone else gets to pick the movie! 😁 or I can make a polite request. I can do the basics that are technology driven and leave the heavy lifting up to others. If nothing else I am adaptable. 


I guess some of these functions are seated together in a certain part of the brain and it doesn't effect anything else. Still me! 😊 for the rest of it all. 


A cute movie to watch is "50 First Dates". I'm not to that degree, at all, just with very specific things. 


Thank you again for this fantastic forum post! 


*high fives* 😊 and *hugs* ❤️

User Profile: reservedOwl321
reservedOwl321 July 2nd, 2025

@Heather225

I lost my book Organizing from the Inside Out multiple times.  Eventually I found Marie Kondo.  At this point it was an electronic library book.