My older sister wants me to apologize to a sibling for yelling at me
Got in a huge fight one my older sibling.. she yells and blames when someone does her what she feels is wrong. I drank a lot one night (she did too) and disagreed with one of her friends about something in a non aggressive way and she didn’t like it. When I didn’t back down from my stance, she screamed at me in front of all of them. It eventually escalated to where she was in my face and backing me into a corner so I pushed her.
its been months now. She called me a month after the incident but went straight to screaming and blaming for tiny details. My oldest sister thinks I should apologize and admit my wrongs and sort through the details with her but it always ends in hostility with her. I can tell she’s brainwashing my other siblings to think I drank too much and physically attacked her and they’re favoring her. They’ve done this my whole life. My mom even used to call her the favorite child.. and since I’m the youngest and she’s good at charming people, they’re taking her side in some ways. I definitely drank too much, but so did she and she’s not admitting that. I’m tired of admitting I drink too much and everyone acting like they don’t.
(I’m sober now, haven’t drank in 70 days. I never had a problem per se, but it was for the best)
part of me just wants to give up and say sorry and take the blame and move on. But I’ve done that many times in the past and I’m tired of it being my fault. And I’m tired of her getting a pass for speaking the way she does. What should I do here?
@emmabeard333
standing up for what you believe in is not wrong.
being Bullied by someone drunk or NOT is not a reason to give up your stance or anything sounds like your older sibling has been successful in using the bully pulpit to get her way ....
You are owed an apology not her... IMO many like you have considered just to keep peace or make it all go away give in and apologize for nothing and that ONLY serves to tell her next time in a situation her methods will work too...