Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What has helped you in your mental health recovery?

May 20th, 2017

What has assisted you in recovering from mental health issues? Has anything been particularly helpful?

Examples: social support, family support, exercising/nutrition, counselling, medication, personal hobbies/passions (writing, music, art, sports, reading, etc.), volunteering, meditation, spiritual-based activities, etc.

Please share here!

39
User Profile: Hopeful0001
Hopeful0001 May 20th, 2017

Being able to talk about it.

User Profile: dawn5662
dawn5662 May 31st, 2017

@HalliwellSister It helps me to write about what's happening in my life. Keeping a journal and writing blogs, it's kinda like talking about it.

User Profile: cSmith02
cSmith02 July 6th, 2017

@dawn5662 Journaling is so helpful! Sometimes I discover things about myself that I wouldn't have thought of otherwise. Journeling has been extremely helpful in dealing with my anxiety. It makes everything feel more manageable. :)

load more
load more
User Profile: LeoTheLlitteLionCub1
LeoTheLlitteLionCub1 May 20th, 2017

by geting outside

User Profile: Kate
Kate June 9th, 2017

@IsabelleJ

User Profile: starryCaramel75
starryCaramel75 June 9th, 2017

Knowing that I'm not alone.

User Profile: Kate
Kate June 12th, 2017

@IsabelleJ

Having friends and family I can talk to about it. People that are supportive and nonjudgmental.

User Profile: Hysterria
Hysterria June 15th, 2017

Finding the courage to finally be honest with not just the people around me but with myself. When it finally clicked with me, the realization that I have a disorder and it wasn't JUST me, I was able to look at the world in a whole new way and I've learned so much from it. I think that's where the true healing begins.

User Profile: ThomasHs
ThomasHs June 15th, 2017

Nothing

User Profile: honestLime3565
honestLime3565 June 15th, 2017

@ThomasHs Same here. I get absolutely no support from family & friends.

User Profile: starryCaramel75
starryCaramel75 July 10th, 2017

@honestLime3565

We're here for you. They say you can't pick your family, but you can choose to be with people that understand. We get it.

User Profile: honestLime3565
honestLime3565 July 13th, 2017

@starryCaramel75

User Profile: honestLime3565
honestLime3565 July 13th, 2017

@starryCaramel75

User Profile: honestLime3565
honestLime3565 July 13th, 2017

@starryCaramel75

User Profile: honestLime3565
honestLime3565 July 13th, 2017

@starryCaramel75

User Profile: honestLime3565
honestLime3565 July 13th, 2017

@starryCaramel75

User Profile: honestLime3565
honestLime3565 July 13th, 2017

@starryCaramel75

User Profile: honestLime3565
honestLime3565 July 13th, 2017

@starryCaramel75

User Profile: honestLime3565
honestLime3565 July 13th, 2017

@starryCaramel75

User Profile: honestLime3565
honestLime3565 July 13th, 2017

@starryCaramel75

User Profile: honestLime3565
honestLime3565 July 13th, 2017

@starryCaramel75

User Profile: honestLime3565
honestLime3565 July 13th, 2017

@starryCaramel75

User Profile: honestLime3565
honestLime3565 July 13th, 2017

@starryCaramel75

User Profile: honestLime3565
honestLime3565 July 13th, 2017

@starryCaramel75

User Profile: honestLime3565
honestLime3565 July 13th, 2017

@starryCaramel75

User Profile: honestLime3565
honestLime3565 July 13th, 2017

@starryCaramel75

User Profile: honestLime3565
honestLime3565 July 13th, 2017

@starryCaramel75

User Profile: honestLime3565
honestLime3565 July 13th, 2017

@starryCaramel75

User Profile: honestLime3565
honestLime3565 July 13th, 2017

@starryCaramel75

User Profile: honestLime3565
honestLime3565 July 13th, 2017

@starryCaramel75 Thank you so much. It's nice being able to open up to people who understand.

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: joyfulWords82
joyfulWords82 June 19th, 2017

I make sure I take my medicine daily, take time out of the day for myself and do something creative when I am having an off day.

Being creative helps me get out of myself and see something tangible helps me to remember everything can change one step at a time.

User Profile: cSmith02
cSmith02 June 26th, 2017

Realizing that I don't have to be perfect, and focusing on what makes me feel good, not feeling pressured to do something if it doesn't align with my goals/values.

User Profile: HungryAlpaca
HungryAlpaca July 7th, 2017

@Melaya my pets, for sure. I have been riding horses for many years now and I find going to the barn to be a miracle cure for my worst days. I also have a pug and as of a week ago, a cat! Because I'm currently a student and live in a dorm, I got my cat as an emotional support animal to help me cope with a lot of the social stress, which triggers my symptoms. She's settled in super well and I'm excited to see how she does at school this year.