Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What has helped you in your mental health recovery?

May 20th, 2017

What has assisted you in recovering from mental health issues? Has anything been particularly helpful?

Examples: social support, family support, exercising/nutrition, counselling, medication, personal hobbies/passions (writing, music, art, sports, reading, etc.), volunteering, meditation, spiritual-based activities, etc.

Please share here!

39
User Profile: dance1995
dance1995 July 18th, 2017

I've had extensive experience with psychotherapy since I was little that has really helped me over the years. Each time there's an uptick in my anxiety I got to therapy and add another tool to my "tool box". Excercise, getting a good nights sleep, taking time to drink tea and read a book, talking to my mom, and cuddling with my dogs are all also very helpeful for me!

User Profile: astray
astray July 23rd, 2017

Seeing my psychologist used to help but I haven't seen her in months so listening to music or writing my feelings down in my journal has been my source of help.

July 18th, 2018

I used to login to 7cups and talk to my long time listener. He helped me when I was feeling down. Later, I cut off some toxic people from my life. It gave me confidence and hope that all is not lost. Gradually, I paid attention to my physical health and made significant progress. I included workout in my daily routine. To avoid an idle mind, I watch some TV series or movies to keep myself occupied. Now, I am getting better and able to appreciate my old hobbies again.

User Profile: laymasterflex93
laymasterflex93 June 8th, 2019

journaling

User Profile: laymasterflex93
laymasterflex93 June 8th, 2019

Mediating, working out, journaling