Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

As someone who always replies, I feel sad when I don't get a reply from that person

User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter February 13th

When they're happy about something, I try to match their happiness/excitement. But when I'm excited bout something, they just seen my messages. I wish I wasn't this empathetic :|

26
User Profile: Remina
Remina February 13th

@hopefulencounter

That can definitely feel upsetting, it makes the relationship feel one-sided. I am sorry you are feeling like this.

8 replies
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP February 13th

@Remina yeah 😓, I start questioning why they reacted less. thank you for hearing me :")

7 replies
User Profile: Remina
Remina February 13th

@hopefulencounter

You are welcome. This is understandable. How do you feel about telling them what you are feeling? Sometimes people don't realize they are making someone feel unconsidered. 

6 replies
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP February 13th

@Remina i think they won't care and i'm afraid it will just get more awkward 🫣

5 replies
User Profile: Remina
Remina February 13th

@hopefulencounter

That is hard for a friendship. if you feel this way, what is the benefit you get from being their friend?

4 replies
User Profile: neonKiwi8070
neonKiwi8070 February 13th

@Remina

I feel same way in my relationship 

I try making him happy but no one cares about my happiness 


1 reply
User Profile: Remina
Remina February 14th

@neonKiwi8070

A one sided relationship is taxing and not longlasting

load more
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP February 14th

@Remina yes at first it didnt feel like this way, now i feel like maybe he's just there for me when he's bored 😅.. hm i don't know what benefit, i think maybe it's just "shared laughter" becausee sometimes we shared memes about our favorite anime

1 reply
User Profile: Remina
Remina February 14th

@hopefulencounter

I see. It sounds like he only wants you when he's bored but he's not there when you need him. He does not seem like much of a friend, really.

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: dawningCat
dawningCat February 13th

Sorry you feel that way sometimes :(

If I may ask, why do think it's related to being (highly?) empathic?

2 replies
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP February 14th

@dawningCat :") thank you

because i feel little things so deeply like i got sad easily

1 reply
User Profile: dawningCat
dawningCat February 14th

Hmm yeah. It can be hard to deal with that.

load more
load more
User Profile: skob11
skob11 February 13th

I feel you, it can suck being the one who cares more. Makes us feel naive and wish we were less emotional and could detach as easily as them.

5 replies
User Profile: bindugirl
bindugirl February 13th

@skob11

You're not naive, you're a good person.

3 replies
User Profile: neonKiwi8070
neonKiwi8070 February 13th

@bindugirl

Exactly

But being a good person they tend to take you for granted 

I'm experiencing same

2 replies
User Profile: bindugirl
bindugirl February 13th

@neonKiwi8070

Yes, well, it's within your power to just do good and let it go. If you feel taken for granted that is time to set up a boundary and back off if you can otherwise we can get burnt out. And not everyone has the depth of feeling good people or empaths have.

1 reply
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP February 14th

@bindugirl which is why i'm stepping away from a lot of people now, i need time to be with myself and i don't want to give my energy for a connection that upset me

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP February 14th

@skob11 yeah this, i wonder how can they detach so easily 😔

load more
User Profile: bindugirl
bindugirl February 13th

@hopefulencounter

I hear you, don't set yourself up for disappointment by hoping or longing someone will do what you do. I am empathetic too. I feel what you are saying and have been there with family mostly. Just give yourself credit for being a good person because you are.

3 replies
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP February 14th

@bindugirl thank you for hearing my story and telling that i'm a good person, this means so much to me 🥹💖

back then i was such a people pleaser, but lately i've been backing away from people who i feel can drain me and my mental health, i'm now way more quiet 😭

2 replies
User Profile: bindugirl
bindugirl February 14th

@hopefulencounter

There are 2 old books you may wish to look at if you like to read. "Too Good For Her Own Good" doesn't matter if ur a girl or guy just good advice and "Codependent No More".  They helped me initially on my growth journey a long time ago. 

1 reply
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP February 15th

@bindugirl thank you for letting me know, i wrote your advice on my note 📝✨

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: RunningMachine
RunningMachine February 13th

@hopefulencounter

I concur, it hurts. Main reason I consider myself socially awkward 🙁

.

1 reply
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP February 14th

@RunningMachine 😓 why they be like that to us thoughh..?

load more
User Profile: organticUnicorn9398
organticUnicorn9398 February 14th

@hopefulencounter
Come on, cheer on man.
There are 8 billion people on these planet not all that bad.

1 reply
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP February 15th

@organticUnicorn9398 :') thanks for reminding me

load more