Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

If you are not all hearts and rainbows and positive thinking, what works for you?

User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 August 8th, 2025

Alot of people often find positivity unhelpful in certain situations, or they don't like being told, I'll give you a virtual hug, they like more direct advice or support. What helps you to feel better in a stressful situation, positivity or realness?

22
User Profile: Z0MBiEBYTES
Z0MBiEBYTES August 9th, 2025

realness. i know people mean well with the positivity, but i still find it a little distasteful for me. it feels fake.

User Profile: unassumingEyes
unassumingEyes August 9th, 2025

@Z0MBiEBYTES it does help to have someone admit that yeah, things suck 😬

load more
User Profile: Admirablerainbow2825
Admirablerainbow2825 August 9th, 2025

A supportive figure and words of encouragement helps me feel better. A lot of the times we get stuck in the old negative thinking patterns. In such situations, just a word of encouragement or a supportive presence helps calm the stress.

User Profile: ScrabbleBrain
ScrabbleBrain August 9th, 2025

I think for me it's having a big time out so I can think about things rationally. I don't want platitudes of there there it will get better soon or others have it worse.

I want to dwell a bit and be overwhelmed but then ponder it all and say one thing at a time.

It's hard to get support and even if I do, it's low quality so supporting myself is more natural. I might take a break, listen to music and then make a plan and it doesn't seem so vast anymore.