Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Volunteer Recognition Day 2020 - Accomplishments

User Profile: Gracey
Gracey April 20th, 2020

The 20th of April is volunteer recognition day and we wanted to thank each and every one of you for all that you do here on 7 Cups!

7 cups has accomplished so much since 2013. On the last count you amazing people had sent 1,167,440,706 messages, helped 39,061,213 people in 189 different countries! This would not be possible without your hard work and dedication!

Volunteers are at the heart of this amazing community and it would not be possible to support so many people without YOU!

We really appreciate every little thing you do here, your dedication and commitment is making a difference to so many peoples lives!

Every message you send, every forum post you upvote and every second you spend here has the power to make a difference and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

So many of you have accomplished the most amazing things during your time here and we would like to celebrate those accomplishments with you!

To help us celebrate all the things you have accomplished during your time here as a listener we would like you to share some of your proudest moments by completing this sentence and sharing a quote about accomplishment!

- A memorable accomplishment in my listener journey so far is _____

- Share a quote you like about accomplishment

To help us all get to know each other a bit better and share in each others accomplishments and wonderful journeys, here are some ice-breaker questions!

- What motivated you to join 7 cups?

- What do you love the most about our community?

- One listening skill you are thankful for is _______

- How has 7 cups contributed to your personal and/or professional development?

- Tag a listener or tag listeners who inspired you!

51
User Profile: Gracey
Gracey OP April 20th, 2020

- A memorable accomplishment in my listener journey so far is_____

When i became chatroom mentor leader a few years ago before my break, i had worked so hard for it and really enjoyed supporting such an amazing group of listeners! More recently it has been working hard and earning my chatroom mentor badge back and giving it another try after at first being aprahensive

- Share a quote you like about accomplishment

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall"

- What motivated you to join 7 cups?

I have always loved supporting people and being there with them in their darkest moments. Someone I worked alongside on another website told me about 7 cups and it seemed like a good fit for me so i signed up in 2014! The rest is history

- What do you love the most about our community?

The compassion and dedication of so many people, all coming together from all corners of the world for the same reason - to make a difference and support other people. I have met so many amazing people here and learned so much

- One listening skill you are thankful for is _______

Empathy! This is so important and can make the difference between someone feeling supported or not

- How has 7 cups contributed to your personal and/or professional development?

7 cups has taught me patience, I have always been patient but here I have learned to be even more patient and calm! It has reminded me that it only takes the smallest act of kindness to make a big difference to someone - both of these things help me each day at work

- Tag a listener or tag listeners who inspired you!

@Amy @HopeDreamLove @Mel @Evelynerose @midnightraven999 @mistymagic @GrahZeymahzin @Jenna @wendybird15

Also every other listener and leader who amaze me every day

User Profile: freehugs123
freehugs123 April 21st, 2020

- A memorable accomplishment in my listener journey so far is becoming verified!

- Share a quote you like about accomplishment "Never stop doing your best just because someone doesn't give you credit."

- What motivated you to join 7 cups?
I initially joined as a member to get support for anxiety and eating disorder recovery. I almost immediately became a listener because that's the way I roll. cool

- What do you love the most about our community? I love how accepting and friendly everyone is, and how much everyone really cares for each other.

- One listening skill you are thankful for is acceptance and validation. These are both so important for making people feel comfortable, understood, and willing to open up.

- How has 7 cups contributed to your personal and/or professional development? Helping others has subconsciously helped me a little, since many of the people I speak to deal with the same issues as me. It makes me feel like I'm not alone. It has also helped me develop my empathy, listening skills, and even conversational skills! surprise

- Tag a listener or tag listeners who inspired you!
@Gracey @AstronomySkies @24Help1 @Proud14

User Profile: dreamCat9335
dreamCat9335 April 21st, 2020

@Gracey

A memorable accomplishment in my listener journey so far is

earning the Verified Listener Badge.

Share a quote you like about accomplishments

Never forget to celebrate any accomplishment no matter how big or small.

What motivated you to join 7 cups?

The internship opportunity.

What do you love the most about our community?

It is a safe haven.

One listening skill you are thankful for is

Empathy

How has 7 cups contributed to your personal and/or professional development?

I have understood how to let others know that they are not alone. This programme prepares me for a career in mental health.

Tag a listener or tag listeners who inspired you!

@AnushaKayastha @gracie @SevenSolstice @BeyondTheInvisible

1 reply
User Profile: SevenSolstice
SevenSolstice April 21st, 2020

@dreamCat9335 Yay! It's nice to know I've inspired someone! :D Congrats on your VL badge!

load more
April 21st, 2020

@Gracey

- A memorable accomplishment in my listener journey so far is
Well, I am not sure how much we are supposed to share about the member we talked to with but there was this particular member who has gone through a lot. Like hella lot and I felt so good about myself that I could help them.

What motivated you to join 7 cups?
I was a member here before I was a listener. People here are really nice and they helped me so one day I thought why not give something back?

- What do you love the most about our community?
Every one are so nice and caring here. The best thing is a lot of people are doing this for free and by choice.

- How has 7 cups contributed to your personal and/or professional development?

It have definitely widened my thinking. There are so many good changes in me now. After becoming a listener and talking to people about their problems had made me learn so much. It's like listening to their problems makes you reflect back on your own too. I am really glad that I am part of the community.

User Profile: Peacefuljoy30
Peacefuljoy30 April 21st, 2020

@Gracey

A memorable accomplishment in my listener journey so far is getting verified as a listener. I'm very happy about it!

Sharing a quote I like about accomplishment

Aim at the sun, and you may not reach it; but your arrow will fly far higher than if aimed at an object on a level with yourself.

User Profile: rebecca947
rebecca947 April 21st, 2020

@Gracey thank you for making this post, and thank you to @24Help1 for the tag ❤️ Happy Volunteers Day, everyone ❤️

A memorable accomplishment in my listener journey so far is: becoming involved in the subcommunities. I was so proud of my first role, becoming a forum supporter, and Im even more proud to see how far Ive come over the years to become a community mentor leader!

Share a quote you like about accomplishment: "Each and every a compliment starts with the decision to try" That is so true, and exactly what came to mind when writing about my proudest accomplishment on here.

What motivated you to join 7 cups? I joined as a member, then as a listener to hell others, like others have helped me. I was really passionate in mental health, and this site was perfect.

What do you love the most about our community? I love the passion and sense of family. I love how we all are here for the same common reasons, and I love the passion that is seen day in and day out.

One listening skill you are thankful for is active listening in general, empathy to be specific. I never would have learnt these skills as a newbie here (back in the days!) at such a young age and have helped so many people through it if I didnt discover this site.

How has 7 cups contributed to your personal and/or professional development? Ive learnt about different issues and illnesses and how everyone is different. Ive learnt to be kind and empathetic to every person you meet on here and in real life, as you never know what theyre internally battling with. Ive learnt how to handle conflicts, work as a team and becoming a leader all through this site, and that has translated into personal life as well.

Tag a listener or tag listeners who inspired you! @Zebrasarcastic @Isha @River @PoliteOcean @Isentropic

1 reply
User Profile: Isha
Isha April 21st, 2020

@rebecca947 go reb!! 💛⚡

load more