Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What was the kindest thing you did for someone or for yourself?

User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 November 25th, 2021

Kindness is crucial for humanity. Whether it be complimenting someone or doing favors, kindness can go a long way. Being kind is just as rewarding as being on the receiving end of kindness.

Being kind to yourself is as important as being kind to others. Self-kindness can be shown in different ways in the form of self-care, positive affirmations...etc.

So what was the kindest thing you did for someone or for yourself? And how did it make you feel afterwards?


10
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings December 5th, 2021

@comfortableNight4463 I said a meditation for spreading love and kindness to all who need it.

It felt great to feel the compassion for others and what they are going through.

3 replies
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP December 5th, 2021

@soulsings That is so amazing! Keep going. I agree compassion is so important.

2 replies
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings December 5th, 2021

@comfortableNight4463 thanks for your encouragement!

1 reply
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP December 12th, 2021

@soulsings you are most welcome!

load more
load more
load more
December 5th, 2021

I am kind by being a provider in this world.

I do a lot of community service and volunteer work and helping the community in need usually make me feel like I am helping the world in some positive way.

donating blood at Red Cross, making dinner at a soup kitchen for the homeless, donating to charities, Thanksgiving blessing bags when my church gives me a bag and I go grocery shopping and fill it up and return it and they fill a truck and distribute it to families in need, adopting a family from church and shopping for all of their Christmas presents, making donations to all of those people standing in the cold raising money, always buying Girl Scout or Boy Scout cookies to support kids programs in positive ways, and I am a sucker for lemonade stands. I ALWAYS ALwAYS stop.

then just Holding the door open for strangers, paying for coffee for the next person in line, sending positive texts to friends randomly when I think of them. Donating canned food and supplies to animal shelters, stuffing back packs with school supplies for underprivileged urban schools, being a camp counselor and getting kids engaged. Oh there have been a couple times not often (because it can’t be dangerous) but I have given random people walking in cold weather a ride somewhere.

the other day I had to drop off a car to get a tire rotation that took like two hours, so I had to walk home while the car sat at some auto shop. On my walk home some lady I didn’t know in a wheel chair needed assistance getting into a building. I brought her in.

There are probably like a hundred more things like that. Every single day I try to do something kind in a variety of ways.

1 reply
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP December 5th, 2021

@warmheartedPlace887 wow! You do so much. Thank you. I'm sure your community appreciates this.

load more
User Profile: exquisitePeace7976
exquisitePeace7976 December 13th, 2021

@comfortableNight4463

When i chose me in a toxic relationship i was in. I showed me some kindness , self love and self-respect. I said that i am better and I deserve better. So i terminated a 15 year relationship and i feel good. Thanks for reading! Blessings

2 replies
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP December 16th, 2021

@exquisitePeace7976 I'm so proud of you for that! It takes a lot of strength. I hope you are happier now. Sending love!

2 replies
User Profile: exquisitePeace7976
exquisitePeace7976 December 17th, 2021

@comfortableNight4463

Yes! Thanks

1 reply
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 OP December 17th, 2021

@exquisitePeace7976 I'm glad to hear it! Take care!

load more
load more
load more