Shoutout - Honouring some of my great friends.
What better time to give my first proper mega appreciation shoutout than on the 7 Cups anniversary? The reason I?ve never given one before is because I?ve always held the belief that every listener deserves something like this but to give one shoutout for everybody is impossible. I?ve always been the one receiving shoutouts from other people. Now though, I want to have a bit of initiative and give a mega special thank you to those who I feel like have been the most awesome and greatest people I?ve had the privilege of knowing.
Having written the whole thing, and then reading it all back, it blows my mind how far across the world this message is going to reach. Thank you to everyone who has made 7 Cups like a home. There will be a lot of reminiscing. Here goes.
@Cadence @Resisti @ZaraSmiles @Cielxblu @Baubs @Fairy @Chrissy @Josh-NYX @Flourish @Aishaaa_ @ShiningLightRose
For Cadence ? Undoubtedly one of the coolest people I?ve talked to on the planet! Beyond cool! The word hasn?t been invented yet! I remember when I first decided to send a PM your way, asking to become your mentee. Well I?m surprised but delighted to say that I got way more than I bargained for. Not only did I get an awesome mentor, I also got a friend, in fact even more than just a friend, you?re probably the closest to a sister I?ve ever had. You?ve been nothing but supportive of me ever since we first spoke. I remember my negativity and skepticism upon first looking for a mentor but boy am I glad I did, now that I look back. We discussed Orange Is the New Black and Game of Thrones on our first day of talking but I stupidly decided to end the chat with something along the lines of: ?let?s see if we become friends?. Silly, silly brain! And even after that disaster by me, you still PM?ed to check up on me after a week, and a second week (something no mentor has done for me this many times before). Then we began to talk every single day for the next month which quite frankly has been the best month since I aged up (even my overall time on the site). You?ve helped guide me along the adult side of the site and taught me a lot of useful knowledge which is something I am eternally grateful for as a listener. Even in real life during the course of my exams, you stuck with me every day and sent me a motivating message or drawing so I?d wake up and read it in the morning then go to school with a new found strength to get me through the day. Anyone reading this right now in disbelief that someone could be this amazing? I would be if I didn?t know Cadence. Here?s just one example of many that she sent to me EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR A MONTH of my exams. Never could I have dreamt of meeting someone as spectacular as yourself, and now it?s a reality. Even though I?ve only known you for just a few months, it feels like many years of friendship. The music you recommended to me, I still listen to it all the time. Dangerous never gets old, you gotta keep ?em coming! And I?m sure you won?t mind a quick mention of being Appreciation Queen, what you do you for the community is just outstanding, I read through the ?Spread the Love? thread and can?t find a page without a mention of you! To spend so much of your spare time doing this stuff for people, it?s worth every ounce of praise you get. Also, to the ladies and gentlemen reading this shoutout, please acknowledge my profile picture for a moment. It was drawn by Cadence herself and I believe it took something like 7+ hours? Whatever the exact time was, it took a damn load of effort to make and deserves to be appreciated. The woman in the picture is Uma Thurman from Pulp Fiction. Vanilla head bae polar satan bear, love ya to bits and always will!
Forgot to add the example. Here it is.
@OrunLeon, my beautiful, beautiful friend. I woke up less than an hour ago, and the first thing I saw was this shoutout. I've probably read it seven or eight times over now, and it still warms my core. I debated doing some kind of response; I know damn well you didn't do this for the recognition, or even for people to say things back, because quite honestly, it's just not like you; you don't do things with expectation of reward, you do them because you have a huge freaking heart.
I knew from the very beginning, the way we clicked, that we would be friends forever, but the fact that you said the "we'll see" about it makes me laugh for ages, because man, I really showed you xDIt was more or less"I'm sure we'll be the best of friends!" and your response was"Ah, yeah, we'll see about that." Or something xD Regardless, it's something I get to tease you about, which is ace, and it's just something I'm absolutely thankful you were wrong about.Never in my life have I been friends with someone who just, in the purest terms, wants to be friends (I mean, maybe there's a few people but it's an absolute rarity). Like, there sometimes feels like there's ulterior motives, but with you, it just seems right; you're not friends with me because there's something to gain, and that also makes you downright special.
And man, you can't credit me for exams week - you kept bae in your pocket! Well, locker mostly, but pocket afterwards c; I just gave you a little push, you were the amazing force behind your exams times. I should really get back into the habit of giving you things to wake up to, seeing you happy really made me happy, you know?
I'M GOING TO KEEP THIS AS DOWNLOW MUSHY AS I CAN, BECAUSE MAN IT COULD BE SO MUCH WORSE: You are the best friend I've ever had; you know when a puzzle piece fits just right? That's how it feels talking with you. It's never forced or strained. Like me angrily shouting the pledge of alleigence to you, or our "u" war (SUCH A MISTAKE ON MY PART xD). I love you more than I could ever really say - here's to more classic misunderstandings, Cadencisms and Leonisms, berry cakes, good bants, REM cycles, movies, bae days, cute little drawn pictures, shoutouts, star reviews (I'll beat ya, I swear it), and whatever else our time together has to bring.
"Three tomatoes are walking down the street- a poppa tomato, a momma tomato, and a little baby tomato. Baby tomato starts lagging behind. Poppa tomato gets angry, goes over to the baby tomato, and smooshes him... and says, Catch up."
For Ila ? Oh #mint? all the history we?ve had is gonna take a while to get through. If I?m going to be honest, I don?t actually remember how we first met or what the first few conversations we had were like. I guess it just shows how far back we go. I can vaguely recall that the first couple of times we talked, it was very jagged. We PM?ed each other once every few weeks. But then it became once every few days. Eventually it became a frequent deal and we?d message one another as good friends. As the site grew and updated, a twin program was announced to help improve bonds within the community. Again, my silly brain never signed up to find a twin because I didn?t think much of it at the time. After about a month, I finally decided to twin up with you. But you already had Jack as a twin so you had to dump him (sorry bro, if you?re reading this) xD. It was then where #teamawesome was formed. Ever since, we?ve done so much: hosted games night, dual moderated for hours on end, helped people in the TL chatroom and hosted discussions. We?ve even gotten into a fair bit of trouble now and then hahaha, but that?s for talking about more another time. However, during our time as twins and teamawesome, I found it strange how we didn?t have anything in common. We have very different lives, and then the first thing we found we had in common was mint ice cream hence, #mint. We both said it at near the exact same time then instantly hearted each others? message. That made me laugh, and still does now I think of it! The highlight of my time knowing you has to be the 1-1?s though. Chatting with you is just really easy, I can?t quite put my finger on why it?s the case, it just is. I dunno, maybe it?s the same for everyone but it felt different for me not being in contact with ya for over a month. I think it?s always been that you?re really chill and open to talk about anything. I?ve put the most trust in you over anyone by a mile that?s for sure, which is a reflection of how much I see you as a loyal and trustworthy friend to share some secrets with. You?ve made some of the loveliest gifts that I?ve received, in particular, the birthday video. As soon as you showed it to me, I instantly added it to my ?Favourites? playlist and any time I?m upset, I go and have a watch of it to remind me how awesome people really can be ? instant cheer up medicine. It takes a lot of dedication to do the things you do but you always rise way above the requirements and give it your best shot. I?m honoured to be your friend. #teamawesome
@OrunLeon YOU ARE THE DAMN BEST LEON. You got me blushing and laughing by myself in front of a PC screen in a hot day of summer and this truly made me feel awesome. I happen to remember our first convos xD I asked you peer support a few times and I was amazed by your kindness, I told myself I needed to know you better, then that mess happened in March and I found myself messaging you every day. You made me feel like you cared, and I know you still do even after all this time - exactly how I honestly care about you and I'm so glad we can trust each other so much. Even if we're totally opposite, I consider you as am amazing person and someone to learn from, you deserved every single nice word I told you and I will keep on reminding you're one of the people I'm more attached to in this whole site. I could go on writing for ages but let's keep it short, I'm anyway on my way to your PMs (; so to summarise I LOVE YOU TWIN <3 (and I love mint as well!)
For Zara ? Where do I begin? I mean, anyone reading this paragraph would be mad to deny that Zara is the sweetest soul ever to grace the interwebs. How rare must it be to come across someone who sends nothing but love, love, love to everyone she comes in contact with, just because she can? Seriously readers, pinch yourselves. She?s real! I mean, you?d think that on a site dedicated to helping others; everyone would be on around the same level of kindness and compassion and care but Zara, you excel at these things, they?re part of who you are, so please don?t ever change. No wonder you?re the appreciation princess! I?ve read your shoutouts for me so many times before without ever reciprocating and expressing my appreciation yet despite that, you still keep on giving. You truly bring the saying ?one in a million? to reality. Your enthusiasm and energy even through the toughest of times is something that I admire greatly. I can never express how much I want to look at life the way you do in these times and it always amazes me when you say such positive things in negative situations. In many ways, you?ve inspired me to have a different outlook on life which is something that very few people have done. Being able to know you at all, let alone becoming friends, has been something I?ll never forget. And I mean that in the most sincere way because I think of what you would do every time something challenging comes along in my life and that gives me a pumped up mindset to face it head on. ?Inspirational? is the perfect word to describe you in my opinion because that?s what you?ve been to me. How was it that we first met? Must have been in the Teen Listeners chatroom some months ago. I don?t remember it exactly, but I do remember going into the chatroom on many occasions and seeing you in there always making everyone?s day just that much more fun. You bring so much to the table and everyone should know right now and forever just how awesome you really are. Even as I am writing this message to you, I have another tab open on the other half of my screen. I?m reading through the shoutouts you?ve posted for everyone these past few days. I?m in disbelief at how much time must have gone into making all those vibrant colours, cute nicknames, thinking up what to say. In fact, you probably enjoy all the effort it takes to make them, which just adds to your perfection as a human being. I said this to Queenie, and I?ll say it to the Princess now with equal conviction: ?worth every ounce of praise you get?.
For Ciel ? You are one of my oldest friends on this site without a doubt (perhaps the oldest that I?m still in contact with). I remember so clearly what our story is like because I?ve never seen another one like it before in all my time as a listener on 7 Cups. And I don?t think I ever will again. It?s incredible what?s happened throughout the course of time to finally end up where we are today, still talking. It was during September of 2014 when I just decided to randomly pick a General Request from the list of around 8 and then struck up a conversation with you. I vaguely recall it was about tea, because you told me you were having some to help you relax or get to sleep. I hope you don?t mind me saying all this haha, but I?ll carry on. I still remember the first member account username you had (but won?t say it for obvious privacy reasons) from 10 months ago. Woah that?s a long time now that I?m writing it out and reading it back lol. Weird and creepy? Yeah, I can see why some may interpret it that way but I?ve always thought of it as kind of a nice gesture, even if we may not see eye to eye on that one xD. If it makes you feel less freaked out, I don?t remember your second member account. I?ve said this part to you before: there?s a very personally rewarding feeling to see someone who was once a guest -> become your member (and their first listener in this case) -> sign up to be a great listener -> take loads of chats and help the community -> gain Teen Star status -> then become a respected part of the community. It?s like, all this time seeing you pass one stage after another and reaching such milestones is something I?m proud of you for accomplishing. Don?t ever think you?re undeserving of such milestones either, because I cannot stress how untrue that would be. You?re more than worthy enough to be called a Star. You?ve certainly lived up to that title in my eyes. You recently also reminded me about the past, and how I was a shy listener who was stuck in the 1-1 part of the site. Now that I recall clearer, I owe a lot of my social-ness on this site to you. You helped me adjust to group environments and taught me a lot of stuff which helped me get the friends I have now. Without you and your help, none of what I have now would be possible and I would not be writing this entire thread. In fact, I would probably be taking 1-1?s all day long having missed out on so much more 7 Cups has to offer. But because I was lucky enough to come across you on that evening, in that General Request list, and clicked your username? here we are now. I?ve cherished that moment ever since we spoke and will continue to do so.
For Jack and Rowan ? I figured seeing as though you?re twins I should just do a joined appreciation message for you guys, it seems the most fitting. History-wise, I honestly cannot remember how we came to be such good friends. Which is terrible of me to admit, but at least now we all know I?m a bad person xD One distinct thing I do remember is that when I first talked to and looked on Jack?s profile, I was in shock to discover he?d been around since June of 2014 yet I?d never come across this awesome dude until just then in January/February time (I believe it was). I think I also first spoke to Rowan during late January/early February 2015 as well. I believe I first saw you in the guest/member chatrooms as a new moderator and I thought I?d send a PM your way (I may be way off with both those first meetings, please forgive me for that. I still love ya both hahah). Little did I know what kind of an impact it was going to have on me when I started talking to the pair of you. I have memories from each of you that I won?t forget. Jack, when you shared your story and showed me that site one day, it really touched my heart that you could tell me such personal things, I didn?t think my respect for you could go any higher, but on that day it shot straight through the roof. Your brilliance is simply unquestionable. You?ve got fun but maturity, something that so many people desperately need but you pull off with ease. I see it all the time when you?re moderating, it?s a skill of yours that I admire greatly and am constantly working towards. Rowan, you?re the exact same. How many times have you shared your feelings and stories with me in the past? Unreal how much trust you guys have shown me and I can?t express my gratitude enough through words. In hindsight, I see some of those old days as a sort of rough patch if you know what I mean? There?s always going to be problems but I?d like to think that phase is over and we?re now in the aftermath which is a lot brighter. Rowan, you?re on your break so I don?t know if you?ll get to read this but simply by being on a break and appreciating life?s opportunities is a sign to me which shows a lot of high-spirit. Jack, you?ve also taken some big steps recently and I?m very happy for the both of you. I kept the vocaroos you guys sent me; it still brings a smile to my face every time I hear them because the banter = awesome! Speaking of banter, remember that time when I scared ya, Rowan? Aww fun times? yeah I?m guessing we both have differing opinions on that :?) You blanked me for hours afterwards! Consider yourself lucky to not get trolled by the master, Jack ;) I still explore the websites on your List of Links and Distractions, Rowan. My favourite is lookingatsomething.com ? fantastic for relaxation. But I?m still working my way through the minigames on Ferry Halim. I recommend everyone check it out because it deserves to be revitalised. Jack, your moderator guide is still my go-to resource especially now that I?m planning to return to chatrooms, I?ve probably read the whole thing through over 5 times now and it always refreshes my memory on how to do well in such situations. Thank you both for putting up with me and making my time on 7 Cups so fun. Much love, and best wishes <3
@OrunLeon
Leon leon leon. Where to even begin? That shout out was just, incredible - it has really made me smile I can't thank you enough. Our story is a long and vague one I'll admit, I'm not entirely sure how we met either, however knowing us - it was probably in a chat room with some terrible, or rather, amazing humor. You've been an amazing friend to me on 7 Cups of Tea and you've honestly helped me more than you probably realize. Do you remember when someone filled in all the birthday forms with my username? I still think that was you trolling me Leon, but I guess we'll never know since you only "wish I could take credit for that, but alas it wasn't me". (Yeah Iremember that). You also have some... "interesting" taste in music that you shared with me at certain times, not sure it was my style but hey - it suited the times I suppose. You also turned up to my discussions, which is great; even if you did leave some.. "odd" comments, I'm sure i learned from them ;) Just thank you for being who you are, honestly - you've always been such a dependable person to turn too and you have always been there for anyone who needed you - I couldn't ask for a better friend, I think a lot of people could learn a lot about life from you.
For Josh and Chrissy ? I?m pretty certain you guys are like best friends on here so I?ll write another dual appreciation message dedicated to the two of you. Myself and Joshuacha first became acquainted during a moderator meeting in mid March (correct me if I?m wrong man, I?m pretty sure it was though!) where I thought you made some really great points and contributed meaningfully. Then I kept on running into you in the member/guest chatrooms and we started PM-ing following a second moderator meeting to discuss what had been going on in it (God it?d be embarrassing if I?ve got this completely wrong). How Chrissy and I became friends was unorthodox because it didn?t start with being friendly, rather a small debate. I can?t remember specifically the time but it must have been somewhere during late February/early March when I was in Teen Support trying out a new method of turn-taking among the members and guests. I?d always acknowledged your presence in the chatrooms before the PM?s began and thought of you as a great mod, but had no idea how you felt about my new temporary change. Turns out not so well at first hahahaha, I remember it quite clearly because of how my hands were tied, trying to lead around 10 people and hopping back and forth to PM?s at the same time; my hands were trembling as I typed. Funny how things work out, right? I believe the only reason I began the whole turn-taking strategy was because there were no other mods around and wanted to trial it for a quick bit, then you popped out of nowhere and we got talking. Another slice of good fortune for me, now that I look back. Having you guys in my 7 Cups career has given it a thrill and spiced things up a lot. Josh, I love your wit. Seriously I envy that trait of yours every time you send out a message. I don?t think I?d be able to beat you in a cuss battle even in my dreams. But having said that, you also know when to stand your ground and fight for what?s right. Hopefully we?ll both know what I?m talking about here, but there was a rough patch a while back and it seemed like the first time we strongly agreed together against a majority. I consider it a milestone of sorts. I?m ecstatic that you?re back on the site and sticking to the roots of what 7 Cups is about, helping individuals through some real Active Listening. Also that you?re able to see this message of course. And Chrissy, if it wasn?t for you, I would never have been able to establish such strong friendships with other listeners in the community because it was you who encouraged me to partake in more activities among the group of teens. Had that move never been made, I would just be associates with people, instead of the friends we are today. All 3 of us have gotten in a lot of trouble combined, but I feel like it actually brought us closer so I?m thankful for the suspensions and thankful for all the other punishments. P.S. Josh, do not make fun of my sappy reminiscing, it?s only because I care bruh.
For Flourish ? Oh Flourish, when did we begin PM-ing? Was it only about 4-5 weeks ago?! That?s no time at all but it seems like we?ve discussed so much more than just a few weeks worth. It?s been a rich and packed month that?s for sure! I feel like the more time passes, the better our friendship will become. I love that you?re still checking up on me and considerate of how I?m getting along. The first check-up message you sent to me was so sweet, I remember it well - we hadn?t spoken for about 2 weeks and one day I looked to see there was a green box highlighted over your name and profile picture that had the preview message text of ?Hey, I was thinking about you? or something along those lines. Reading that melted my heart! It?s the little things that really make a big difference. I?ve only made 2 friends since coming over to the adult side but I?m overjoyed to have you as one of them and I honestly can?t think of anyone else better. You?ve made me feel so welcome with your professionalism and kindness! If there?s one thing I appreciate about you, it?s got to be your determination to always get the job done. You work so hard all the time to keep up the 7 Cups responsibilities as well as your real life work. I wish I had even half of your efforts, it?d make me a much better student xD but also I just wanna make you a nice drink and say chillax! I know for sure, betting every single possession I have, that you are destined for marvellous things one day. All your targets will be met and you?ll be living an awesome, wonderful life. I remember that gallery of pictures you sent to me once, of all the delicious food you?d cooked in the past (be expecting more of those coming from me in the near future), and also the time when you told me your name. You said straight afterwards that you have only told very few people and knowing that you could trust me enough to tell me was like bringing our friendship to a higher level, in my mind. You?re one of the nicest people on this site: always respectful, never angry, and just a flatout fabulous person to get to know. I really hope that this good streak keeps on going throughout the future. We?re making our own history day by day.
@OrunLeon- Ha ha *never angry* I wish that was totally true hahahahahaha, I do get angry it's just that I try practice anger management. Thank you Leon :D I appreciate your nice words they are very encouraging you have also been really kind to me, betting your properties and all haha to my success that's awesome! You have been a very good friend and when you were in the teen side I didn't really understand what type of person you were, I never really spoke to you much but once I did I realized you are awesome and I am glad you are my friend.
For Aisha ? Aisha, I can?t shower enough praise over you right now, you are one of the most charismatic personalities on the teen side, and that?s saying a lot considering how hyper they always are! It?s so much fun to see you spreading cheer around the place. (By the way, have you completed your life-long ambition of becoming a microwave yet?) I remember attending the games nights you hosted, I think my first ever one was hosted by you and another listener in fact. Always such a bright character, never let anybody down, and always got other people in mind. When I turned 18, you straight up offered to help me adjust on the new side in order for me not to feel lonely; it?s still a lovely gesture I think of when I?m talking in the chatrooms or in 1-1?s with other adult listeners. I also remember how you said you would try and turn all the adults fun and cool, and I said I?d help you but how wrong we both were, it turns out they?re difficult to make fun hahaha! Maybe that?s just what I?ve discovered, but I?m betting you managed to find some whacky adults to hang out with; your personality is just attractive in every way so I?m sure you?ve got some great company. Even recently, we were PM-ing and you still were looking out for me, making sure I stayed on the right tracks, it?s this kind of stuff from you which makes me feel so happy to have gotten a friend like you. It?s hard to describe in exact words, but that?s probably because no words can describe how amazing you?ve been. Those pictures of Simba you sent me, when I need my weekly dosage of ?cute? I always go to them and have a look at that adorable ball of fur :3 Your spirit is admirable, it seems like anyone who has the pleasure of coming in contact with you just loves ya to bits! Unsurprising really, considering all the happiness you emanate. Please always be true to yourself and keep spreading the love. Great listener. Great friend. Great person.
For ShiningLightRose ? Don?t worry, I didn?t forget your name again haha, I never did from that moment onwards. I figured you may not have wanted it plastered over the message though. But holy gawd damn what a journey it?s been so far! Matette, I remember all those days when we were in the Welcome Room just chilling out, having a blast of a time, cracking a few jokes. I can still recall your first member account?s name (but won?t reveal for confidentiality reasons). I remember when you became a listener. I was so happy you made that decision because you were the ONLY member in the chatrooms I?d ever seen that I would have wholeheartedly recommended to sign up and become a listener. Never before had I seen someone adapt as well to group environments as you did. You never caused trouble, you always stuck by the rules, you always tried to include everyone, never argued, never fought, always tried to resolve conflict instead of being a part of it. The level of responsibility you had when you were in a position that was not obligated to have responsibility at all was simply incredible. Then I watched as you blossomed into a great listener and felt nothing but pride that you were part of the team and had reached a checkpoint of potential. You messaged me pretty much as soon as I got my account back to Teens, and that just made me smile to know you remembered me for so long. What had it been? Over a month since we last spoke and you PM?ed me a day upon my return. I?ve developed a sense of responsibility for you though, like I have to look after you and make sure you?re safe and well, because you were my member for so long (still am sometimes), I hope that life starts treating you well, because you darn deserve it. Any tough moments cross your path, chin up and face it. I know you?ve got what it takes. We have a lot of catching up to do and I?m sending all the best wishes to you for improvement. You truly are a fighter that is courageous and strong. Never forget that.
@orunleon Britisher, you know you're the most awesome person on this planet right? I mean really! 💐 I read that and am still grinning like a muppet over here. You're too sweet!! I truly wish you the best with everything in life. You kept me going right from the start and I didn't expect you to still pm me every now and again from the first time you saw you, until now. From the first time I ever saw you in the chat room I knew there was something different about you. Never expected us to be besties though :p *throws love and a teddy* you're the awesomest okay?