Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Self Love: What is one thing you can practice today to make things easier for the “tomorrow you”?

User Profile: AveryLove
AveryLove February 28th, 2022

Hello dear P&G community!

Self-Love and developing a sense of self-worth is a lifelong process which seems overwhelmingly impossible sometimes. Today, we are taking one step towards doing something nice for ourselves.

The prompt today is: what is something you can do today to make things easier or better for the "tomorrow you"?

I believe that procrastination is deeply connected with our sense of self love. As an example, I know I should make that phone call today that has been bugging me for days. If I do it today, Ill have it happily out of my way which will help me to stop stressing over it as things I procrastinate usually make me feel tense the whole day. This practice can be as small as eating one healthy thing that makes you feel good, going to bed 15 minutes earlier, packing your bag for tomorrow, etc.

@VerseArt


_1646045940.c3537b670e601c2ff8b96abe396af7bf.jpg

17
User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt February 28th, 2022

Hello @AveryLove ❤️

Thank you so much for making this beautiful post! I agree. Procrastination is definitely an obstacle we all face every day. 😊

What is something you can do today to make things easier or better for the "tomorrow you"?

I can fix my sleep schedule and start sleeping early :)


Tagging some amazing people: @Smilybeans @DonaldDraper @Irene @Zoup @tranquilUnicorn5389

User Profile: AveryLove
AveryLove OP February 28th, 2022

@VerseArt hi verse! thank you very much for sharing. It is an amazing idea to take one step towards going to bed earlier, even if it might only be 15-30 minutes! Great step ❤️

User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt February 28th, 2022

Thank you! @AveryLove 💛

load more
load more
User Profile: BlueDarkAurora
BlueDarkAurora February 28th, 2022

@AveryLove Love the picture and the question ^-^ and I agree, procrastination is my old enemy :3

One thing that I can practice today, that I am practicing is to not label my emotions especially label them with words that describe an excess like too sensitive or overly emotional. I feel labeling my emotions give rise to the feeling that something isn't right or normal and thus leads me into wanting to get rid of them or sweep them under the rug which isn't good in the long term. So instead I let myself feel whatever emotions I am feeling and allow myself to be while making sure that I am aware that those emotions are just the temporary truth for the moment and it will pass.

7c04e16e8f93520f9e0e96e418eaeb7e.gif

User Profile: AveryLove
AveryLove OP February 28th, 2022

hello dear! I find what you have written extremely beautiful. it sounds like a very deliberating practice to not stress any labels on your emotions and thus not judge them in a way. I once stumbled across a post which said that it can be helpful to acknowledge your emotions from a neutral perspective, not in a way that they are in a way stuck with you, and hence just allowing them to come and go (which I found great). thank you so much for sharing!

User Profile: BlueDarkAurora
BlueDarkAurora March 1st, 2022

@AveryLove aw thank you :) and yes, a neutral perspective is helpful not only for our emotional understanding and acceptance but also for any situation or even a new person that is entering our life. Everything and everyone deserves a nonjudgmental chance *-*

load more
load more
User Profile: nupur99
nupur99 July 13th, 2022

Focusing on my present

User Profile: SirenOfSerenity
SirenOfSerenity August 9th, 2022

What is something you can do today to make things easier or better for the "tomorrow you"?

- I need to start letting myself go to bed early so I can get more hours of sleep D:

User Profile: SleepyShyCat
SleepyShyCat August 9th, 2022

Practice self compassion

User Profile: honestNorth4546
honestNorth4546 August 9th, 2022

@AveryLove Take 15 minutes to myself.

User Profile: SolaceTea
SolaceTea August 9th, 2022

@averylove This is an amazing way of re-framing self care. I often find it so hard to do things for just myself. But, if I think of "Tomorrow Me" as a different person… I think it's easier to do stuff for her than it is to do stuff for myself.


TMe is taking a kid to the doctor in the afternoon. I will help out by completing the paperwork today so she doesn't have to stress about it at the last minute. I also might put together a bored bag of activities for the kid.

User Profile: SoulPitstop
SoulPitstop August 10th, 2022

If you are not thinking that the present is the best situation, then there will be no easier or better situation in the future.

When you are good, nature serves you well.

User Profile: goldenHouse7136
goldenHouse7136 August 10th, 2022

I can blame myself but I see what caused it since I have identified this I can work on this correctly set goals thanks

User Profile: 18Sarah18
18Sarah18 August 15th, 2022

I can finish the work that I have to do today so that tomorrow I can feel lighter and have time for other things :)