Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Things People Who Have Food Allergies Wish You Knew

If this is part of your life story, please share your insights! What would you like the rest of us to learn? What should we know about people in this community? How would you like people to interact with you? Should people ask questions? What’s the best way for people to learn about this? Do you have any resources (books, movies, YT videos, etc) that will give us greater understanding and empathy and kindness toward people who experience the same things you do?


If you’re not on this journey, we welcome you to listen, learn, and ask respectful, good-faith questions! Open-ended questions are highly encouraged, as they give people the space to share their unique experiences in their own words. While this is a safe space to learn about things you’ve never experienced, please remember to be sensitive, and avoid sharing harmful stereotypes or debating someone's lived reality. If you have a question, ask it with empathy. If someone gently corrects you, please be open to learning. Let's have a gentle, fun, friendly conversation where we support one another, because it takes all sorts to make a world!

9
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 OP April 30th

@ShadowFaerie @unassumingEyes @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @sadcat13 @Amanda84 @goldenduckling @mytwistedsoul @Tinywhisper11 @LovemyMoonflowers @GreenLime3141 @7Bear7 @Phoenixthepoised @Torean @GentleHealingInitiative @cyanessence @YourCaringConfidant @CaringEzra @NobleSeeker @fossilfellow @BastionKnight @trueconfidant123 @safeplace288 @lovingCat6978 @reservedOwl321 @dapperNest2125  @Creamyyy @naturesbeauty1234 @bubbleSummer9800 @warmheartedHuman836 @Mansbestfriend @Paliloveyourself @Magicpawsoffuture @SelfCareMatters @TovaCares76 @sabeyesofblue3535 @AiluraTheCat @charmingApple8098 @luvArisu @BlueDarkAurora @curiousbookishness @sympatheticPlace3743 @musawva @KindleMissie @WellsFiction @Angelanj @SlappyMcGee @SunshineJazz @LexListens2025 @Heather225 @agreeableSkies9889 @HopeAura @rainbowBridge46

I’m adding a taglist to start, but this post is open to absolutely everyone! <3

3 replies
User Profile: BlueDarkAurora
BlueDarkAurora April 30th

@jesusredeemedme2425 <3 

User Profile: trueconfidant123
trueconfidant123 April 30th

@jesusredeemedme2425

Thanks for tagging me ❤️

1 reply
User Profile: fossilfellow
fossilfellow April 30th

@trueconfidant123

❤️

load more
load more
User Profile: fossilfellow
fossilfellow April 30th

It was hard for me to know which food I'm exactly allergic to ( still feel unsure ) at first i thought it's eggs and chicken but I don't think that's the case, I tried many different foods to see which one actually triggers my allergy ( chronic urticaria ).

And almost always whenever I ate shrimp and crabs I've got them. So seafood seems like a trigger.

I always get allergy all over my body when I have fever and cold. Or my body temperature raises too much..cus of pressure/ stress.

I've seen many doctors in past but they've always gave creams and tablets to calm it down.

Whenever I get them It's very irritating and itchy and makes me feel weak and insecure about myself 🙁

4 replies
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 OP April 30th

What’s urticaria?

3 replies
User Profile: fossilfellow
fossilfellow April 30th

@jesusredeemedme2425

Urticaria, commonly known as hives, is a skin condition characterized by itchy, raised red or skin-colored welts (wheals). These welts are caused by the release of histamine and other chemicals into the bloodstream, which makes tiny blood vessels leak fluid into the skin.

Raised Bumps: Small spots or large connected patches.

Intense Itching: Often described as stinging or burning.

Blanching: The center of a red hive turns white when pressed.

Angioedema: Some people also experience deep swelling under the skin, especially around the eyes or lips.

2 replies
User Profile: fossilfellow
fossilfellow April 30th

Symptoms*

Also, Google says about 20% of people experiences it atleast once in their life.

I started getting hives first during lockdown, when I was around 12-13. And still get those ( yesterday I had it all over my skin due to fever and exhaustion )

1 reply
User Profile: fossilfellow
fossilfellow April 30th

Now it's almost all gone, most of the time it doesn't last more than 24 hours in same place.

But I keep getting them for days sometimes, repeatedly when it's a lot. It feels worse when it gets in palm, head and face... 😕

load more
load more
load more
load more