Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

When you start a new day, what is that motivates you the most?

User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence April 9th, 2018

Hello everyone! heart

When you start a new day, what is that motivates you the most?

33
User Profile: Zeraphim
Zeraphim April 9th, 2018

When I first wake up, and for a while after, I usually feel miserable emotionally and unmotivated to do anything. I forget what feeling good feels like, what feeling motivation to do things feels like, and what looking forward to things feels like. I'm so overwhelmed with the awful feelings within me that it's hard to notice or think about much else.

It takes self-soothing and reminding myself of things I like to begin feeling like doing things is something I could consider doing without feeling full of resistance, resentment, and feeling worse.

Slowly, I begin to remember that I have a hobby I want to try, and fandoms I enjoy being a part of, and movies I enjoy watching, and games I like playing, and so on. I start to feel like daily life can feel okay, and I become aware that I'm feeling less like how I woke up.

These days, watching videos of doll face ups gets me focused on doing something enjoyable and interesting to me. Metal music helps me power through chores when I need to energize myself to get started and get through it.

1 reply
User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP April 9th, 2018

@Zeraphim

Hello there! Thanks for sharing!

I'm glad to hear that after a difficult start you can somewhat find a way to feel motivated, keep on going! yes

Happy monday over there laugh

load more
User Profile: Alctim
Alctim April 9th, 2018

Depends for me

On a normal Day (mon-fri) its money and my dad as i work with him and he loses his shit if i seem to "depressed" so have to gather myself up every morning.

One my own time so to speak... (hate using thst term) its music, friends and talking with my closest friends.

But more often than not i work then go back to bed, as i cant be around the ones i want to be around that much.

1 reply
User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP April 9th, 2018

@Alctim

Hello Alctim!

It's nice that you have some things that motivate you, I wish you to enjoy them more often or to find new ones that can help you cover the "everyday" part in a positive way for your emotional well-being!

Cheers!

load more
User Profile: Mango3
Mango3 April 9th, 2018

@BeyondTheInvisible What motivates me: To strive to be a better me every day! To do better then I did the day before!

1 reply
User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP April 9th, 2018

@Mango3

Amazing Mango!! yes

load more
User Profile: Emmur
Emmur April 9th, 2018

Each day what gets me out of bed is a little different. Today it was the thrill of only having to go to school today, and also being able to have fun with some friends. I'm looking forward to band this morning as well. Since I have tomorrow off from school, what gets me motivated is trying to be the best version of myself possible. I have a PSAT on Wednesday, so studying for that and catching up on old school projects would make me feel accomplised.

I guess if I was to put it into one sentence, I would say that what motivates me is a feeling of accomplishment, whether that's socially, academically, or just by being able to say I felt good today. :)

3 replies
User Profile: Sintix
Sintix April 9th, 2018

@Emmur I wish you luck on your PSAT! heart Accomplishment definitely is a great feeling. It's great motivation for sure.

2 replies
User Profile: Emmur
Emmur April 9th, 2018

@Sintix

Thank you for the good luck!

1 reply
User Profile: Sintix
Sintix April 9th, 2018

@Emmur Absolutely! laugh I'm sure you'll do great.

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: plumField5702
plumField5702 April 9th, 2018

Absolutely reading a novel ❤️

3 replies
User Profile: Sintix
Sintix April 9th, 2018

@plumField5702 heart

User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP April 9th, 2018

@plumField5702

Ah nice! So you are expert on novels for sure!

1 reply
User Profile: plumField5702
plumField5702 April 9th, 2018

@BeyondTheInvisible

Thank you. Not really, I still feel like I haven't read much.

load more
load more
User Profile: CalmWhisper22
CalmWhisper22 April 9th, 2018

When you start a new day, what is that motivates you the most?

Waking the boys up and getting hugs from them.

1 reply
User Profile: Sintix
Sintix April 9th, 2018

@DanaMH heart

load more
User Profile: Sintix
Sintix April 9th, 2018

@BeyondTheInvisible Really just music. I have my phone playing stuff all day, but at night my radio will play. It gets loud in the morning because it's rock, so I have to get up to turn it off.

2 replies
User Profile: Sintix
Sintix April 9th, 2018

@Sintix And then my day begins. Music keeps me going.smiley

User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP April 10th, 2018

@Sintix

Hi Sintix! So also for you music plays an important positive role! yes

load more
User Profile: JayTheBird14
JayTheBird14 April 9th, 2018

@BeyondTheInvisible

Songs really smiley

1 reply
User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP April 9th, 2018

@JayTheBird14

Yay Jay!! ♫ ♫

load more
User Profile: SillyAvocado
SillyAvocado April 9th, 2018

@BeyondTheInvisible

I would say what motivates me most is my fluffy cats and that I'll probably write that day. I like writing. And lists. I really like lists.

I don't think this is the right answer.

1 reply
User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP April 9th, 2018

@SillyAvocado

Hey Avocado!

There are not right or wrong answers!

What you shared is what is good enough to read and thanks for having done it!

load more
User Profile: FancyMan
FancyMan April 9th, 2018

Knowing that I woke up is enough motivation for me :)

1 reply
User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP April 10th, 2018

@FancyMan

That's positive, so every morning it's a good start!

load more