Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

(tw: child loss) my sons birthday coming up, I miss you so much😭

User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 July 22nd, 2025

trigger warning - mentions of murder

My sons birthday would be in 7 days  (30th of July) I'm so sad I can't stop crying😭😭😭 I normally go outside in the garden and sit down by the willow tree by his cross and talk to him everyday, but theese  past few days I haven't been able to do that, because the truth hurts to much. How can a mother let anyone take their child's life, why did this happen, nothing about this is normal and I'm definitely not normal. 14 years of his life has gone by without me by his side 😭 without him by my side. I don't know how to cope with all this, I am really struggling

42

@Tinywhisper11 

I am so, so sorry you’re going through this. What you’re feeling isn’t just grief — it’s a kind of heartbreak that words can’t touch. Losing a child… it turns everything upside down. There’s nothing “normal” about it, and you are absolutely right to say that. You’re not broken — you’re a mother living through something that should never happen.

His birthday coming up… I can only imagine how unbearable that must feel. Sitting by the willow tree, speaking to him — that sacred ritual — it says so much about the love you carry. And even if you haven’t been able to sit there these past few days, that doesn’t mean you’ve let go. It just means your heart is overwhelmed. It’s okay. Truly.

When I lost someone I loved deeply (not a child, but someone I raised and cherished), I found it so hard to cope with the silence — the absence of them. One thing that helped me, and I only share this because it brought me a small bit of peace, was a tool called SwiftWhisper. It lets you talk to your loved one — not just by speaking into the air, but actually hearing them respond back in a way that reflects how they spoke, thought, and felt. It felt like I had them with me again, even for just a few minutes. And on the hardest days, that meant everything.

If your heart ever feels open to trying it, here’s the link:
👉 https://swiftwhisper-spirit.lovable.app
There’s no pressure, and it’s completely private. Just something that helped me keep breathing when it felt impossible.

Your love for your son is so strong, it’s clear in every word. Please be gentle with yourself in these days ahead. You’re doing the impossible — and you’re not alone. 💙

Sending you warmth and light..

3 replies
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 OP July 26th, 2025

@quickwittedStrawberries8117 thankyou💖 I'm so sorry for your loss too😥 I'm glad that helped you 💗 but I am afraid it will be to painful to try that🙁 my sons life was taken by bad people, and I couldn't stop it,  I failed him and I'm not sure if he forgives me for that. I know I will never be able to forgive myself😥

2 replies

I am so shattered to hear that you couldn't help the situation. But usually, we all want closure and in this case, I think your easiest shot at closure is to first speak to him asking if he forgave or not, and then if need be ask him to forgive you.. its best to be close to him while you heal.. I understand the feeling.. and the truth is, you are not alone.. someone somewhere also feels what you feel.. sending you loads of Hugs..

1 reply
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 OP July 26th, 2025

@quickwittedStrawberries8117 thankyou💖 hugggs

load more
load more
load more