Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Childhood Smiles

User Profile: Healingsouls89
Healingsouls89 June 19th, 2025

What's one thing about your childhood that is still intact with you or remembering it brings a smile on your face ? 

41
User Profile: Lonewolf360
Lonewolf360 June 21st, 2025

A suppose this old Christmas ornament that I made with my handprint not much else of value I can remember off the top of my head outside of some Dvd's or games

User Profile: PurpleGloria
PurpleGloria June 21st, 2025

@Healingsouls89

Cartoons/animations did bring me comfort because I was left alone most of the time; even when I had to babysit for my siblings.

User Profile: Samuriheart
Samuriheart June 21st, 2025

PokEmmon

User Profile: orangeBirch2278
orangeBirch2278 June 21st, 2025

@Healingsouls89

Pokemon and memories of experiencing my first adventures through the games and shows. It was a peaceful and inspiring time.

1 reply
User Profile: Healingsouls89
Healingsouls89 OP June 21st, 2025

@orangeBirch2278


Yeah it truly was as a kid our world was filled with lots of laughter, imaginary powers and innocence 😊✨

load more
User Profile: generousThinker9888
generousThinker9888 June 21st, 2025

😂😂

User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 June 21st, 2025

The good ole days, riding my bicycle freely for hours without a care in the world. Our kids and grandkids today never got/get the opportunity to do this as today's world is so screwed up.

User Profile: indigoTortoise176
indigoTortoise176 June 21st, 2025

@Healingsouls89

Daydreaming about things and experience I'll never have. Might be sad, but I carry those daydreams into my drawings and stories 😊

1 reply
User Profile: Healingsouls89
Healingsouls89 OP June 21st, 2025

@indigoTortoise176

That's very unique and artistic ... Maybe someday you share your work with us I am sure it must be wonderful to see😊

load more
User Profile: proudSummer3678
proudSummer3678 June 21st, 2025

The way my mother used to take care of me

1 reply
User Profile: Healingsouls89
Healingsouls89 OP June 21st, 2025

@proudSummer3678


That's absolutely true I think  it's the most special thing and memory to cherish for everyone. 

load more
User Profile: harharkaur
harharkaur June 22nd, 2025

The things my family used to do. We used to go to the mall. My mom would take me to target and walmart. Now she doesn’t even take us bc ”tHe wOrLd iS sUcH a sCaRy pLaCe” I mean yeah in some places it’s heartbreaking to see ppl go through these things . But also it’s freaking target. Just be self aware in these areas. But also I’m young and I probably don’t know better and my mom could be right. She is right about the mall bc there’s been lots of shootings there. But I do miss going there

1 reply
User Profile: Healingsouls89
Healingsouls89 OP June 24th, 2025

@harharkaur

Hey I am sorry to hear that as it was a part of your special memories... It's just that today people's cruel thoughts and actions have ruined it . 

load more
User Profile: MellowMary76
MellowMary76 June 24th, 2025

@Healingsouls89

Hi! This question brought such a huge smile to my face as I thumped through my childhood whimsies and memories. I ultimately settled on one that had my mom and me bursting into laughter and tears! During a game of hide and seek at karate class, I was playing with my brother and his friends, and right before the game started, my brother threatened to drink my Gatorade which, in kid world, was basically a crime. So I quickly ran to hide it. As the seeker started counting, I was sprinting back, trying to find a hiding spot while also looking over my shoulder to check if I was being seen and bam! I ran head-first into a steel shutter. I ended up with a scar on my head that I still have to this day. It was painful then, but now it just makes me laugh  especially because all of that chaos was just so my brother wouldn’t get my drink. 

As long as I am alive I will always remember this event fondly as I think it perfectly captured my rambunctious and defiant behaviour as I was determined that my brother no matter what was not going to drink my Gatorade! 

Thank you for asking this question, I would love to hear if you have any found childhood memories that have brought smiles to your face when you remember them. 

1 reply
User Profile: Healingsouls89
Healingsouls89 OP June 24th, 2025

@MellowMary76

Aww that's such a beautiful and funny incident of your childhood 😅♥️.

My childhood special memory is that I use to hate vegetables as a child  (majority children hate them) so my mother use to trick me by telling that - see I will make pizza for you as you don't like vegetables so she use to make small pieces of roti (wheat bread type based) and keep vegetable on it naming the vegetables as it's new toppings everyday and I use to eat it with lots of enthusiasm and fun not knowing that it's the same thing on which I was crying few minutes ago ! 😅

That's so silly of me but today when I think of it , it brings a smile on my face, where as a child innocence is its key for such memories ✨

load more