Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Discussion: Stress

User Profile: globalBraid3744
globalBraid3744 November 23rd, 2021

Stress generally refers to two things: the psychological perception of pressure, on the one hand, and the body's response to it, on the other, which involves multiple systems, from metabolism to muscles to memory. There are both physical and psychological approaches to blunt stress. Physical steps include meditation, yoga, and exercise. Psychological strategies include leaning on loved ones or seeing a mental health professional.

source: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/stress

  1. What health consequences have you (or someone you know) experienced because of stress?
  2. How do you usually cope with stress? Which responses are effective? Which ones are ineffective?
4
User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean November 24th, 2021

@globalBraid3744


Great post!

What health consequences have you (or someone you know) experienced because of stress?....Consequences can be unwanted anxieties, high-blood pressure, physical symptoms like headaches and stomach aches etc.... I've seen family members deal with all of those due to stress.


How do you usually cope with stress? Which responses are effective? Which ones are ineffective?...Personally I cope with stressors by trying to distance myself from them. I try to stay away from situations that I think would cause any unwanted stress. And I tend to "tune" out from extra stress or stimulators. By shutting off devices, social media, etc...And if needed, I plan a Trip or mini-vacation to getaway from it all!

User Profile: globalBraid3744
globalBraid3744 OP November 24th, 2021

@PoliteOcean

Thank you, I am glad you liked it!

You are right, excessive stress can cause both mental (anxiety), and physical symptoms (various aches).

I like the way you cope with stress. I think it is very important to distance yourself and try to avoid situations that are likely to make you feel stressed. A trip or mini-vacations is something that always helps me as well. Shutting off devices and social media is a great idea. I will definitely try that.

load more
User Profile: imaginativePear6493
imaginativePear6493 November 24th, 2021

@globalBraid3744

My answers would be pretty much the same as politeocean

I'm glad I came across this post it was helpful.

I hope to see more stuff like this in the future

Thanks


User Profile: globalBraid3744
globalBraid3744 OP November 27th, 2021

@imaginativePear6493

I agree that politeocean´s answer was very concise. I am very happy you liked the post and found it helpful! If you have any specific topic idea, please let me know :)


load more