Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Healthy Living: Wellness Wednesday 1/21/26 (January Selfcare)

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean January 21st

HEY EVERYONE! 

WELCOME TO HEALTHY LIVING’S “WELLNESS WEDNESDAY”~ ❤️


⭐️As we are nearing the end of January, we are getting ready to end the First Chapter of 2026! 


QUESTIONS: 

*How have you been taking care of yourself So far this month?! What are you doing for January Self-Care?! 

*What are you doing from this list, or what else could you add to it before this month ends?! 
img-6815_1769035587.jpeg

6
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 January 22nd

@PoliteOcean

❤️

I need to dedicate a day to self care.

Just soak in a long hot bath.

Oil my hair.

Moisturise.

Sit in a dressing gown, nice cup of tea, and give myself an hour to just breathe, I'm running near empty this month 💚

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP January 22nd

@Amanda84

These all sound like wonderful & amazing ways to “Self-care” before the month ends! Hopefully you can find the time and make an “appointment” with yourself to do so! 😃

say-yes-to-self-care-world-mental-health-day.gif

User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 January 22nd

@PoliteOcean

Thank you 😊 

load more
load more
User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP January 22nd

I have pretty much done “most” of these Selfcare ideas, (except for the Sun)! As it’s been pretty cold here! 🥶  … So unable to get outdoors. But that’s ok as it’s also been nice to just enjoy the indoors bundled up with the Furbaby~ … 


Also due to an unexpected matter, I was sort-of forced to take some Self-care time last week~ So it will definitely have me look at ways to “improve” upon that going forward~ 

(When we don’t make time to Selfcare properly, our bodies will sometimes Force us to do so)! 

mental-health-wellbeing.gif

User Profile: RunningMachine
RunningMachine January 22nd

@PoliteOcean

It's been a good month for me overall so far, I'm always mindful of staying hydrated as dehydration is one of the most common causes of blood clots that i have a history of. Sunlight in January is at a premium made even harder working night shifts but i do my best. You might have to explain moisturize to me, unless you include rubbing a little olive oil onto my head after shaving it. I very rarely do movies, struggle to sit still long enough let alone focus on the them, i miss half of them whilst my mind spins away. Pleased to say as a substitute we have restarted pool nights every other Tues that stalled end of Aug last year, really enjoyed catching up on Tues just gone. I have noticed that i don't dedicate entire days to self-care and I have been too afraid of the future to focus on it but both are gradually changing after accepting I need too. 

After last weeks hip scan showed no deterioration I was delighted to record a VO2 max of 70 ml/kg/min this morning. After my 2nd PE I was asked to be monitored as part of a pulmonary embolism recovery research project. Today's was the 7th test and the 2nd highest I've recorded. Apparently it drops with age and a good reading for an athlete in the 55-59 age group is 40-45, so i can't complain.

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP January 22nd

@RunningMachine

Hey there~

Sounds like you are making lots of great strides to incorporate Selfcare in some way over the past month! Hydration is a really great one especially this time of the year (as it tends to be one that gets a little away from me in the winter months!).. But it also sounds like you have a very important cause to stay on track of it. 

I use to work the nightshift as well for many years~ So I understand about getting in proper sunlight in the day while also trying to get proper rest at the same time. They say even 20 minutes or so in the morning hours can help so much throughout the day. 

As far as moisturizing, it’s because our skin can tend to get much drier & more dehydrated in the Cold winter months! So staying on top of that as well is a part of taking care of the physical! Plus it just feels good! (But great job on the Olive 🫒 oil)! 👊🏼

Self care doesn’t have to be an all day thing.. Just small acts that we can do for ourselves counts. Taking time to schedule something nice for yourself even once a week is a great way to start. So continue to keep up any & all of the good deeds that you’re putting in for yourself. It can go a long way physically, mentally and emotionally! 


load more