Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My Friend Emily

User Profile: Zulegirl
Zulegirl June 21st, 2019

Emily is the new member of EZHAZ which is my girl tribe. I met with her the other day at a Chick Fi La. she loves loves loves the chicken there and I do too!! I showed up and ordered some food and I knew it was her from her insta profile. Tall, blond hair girl with an athletic upper and narrow shoulders, strong looking upper arms. Almost has the same look as Iskra Lawerence. She was wearing a gray tank top and black leggings. She had just come from yoga. When I walked up after ordering my food I could only see her upper body as her lower was hiding under the table. Her insta photos never showed her lower body just her upper.So I just assumed she was gonna be a skinny girl maybe curvy..but Zula always says we always find the curviest girls . Emily or as her friends call her Em or Hope. was so happy to meet me. Took her a minute or two to say my name right which is normal for me. I said Just call me Zule. She said it right eventually and said it is the most exotic and gorgeous name she has ever heard. we started talking as she was finishing her waffle fries and a plain chick sandwich. She told me that her friend knows Zula, which is how I found out about her. As soon as she was done eating my food was ready and I went over to get it.She kind of awkwardly offered to get it for me, but I said its fine. I came back and she was just sitting there like she was hiding something or worried and hiding her hands like I was gonna judge her or gasp in shock at something. I as I sat down I sat up tall and closer to the edge of the booth bench to be closer to my food and bc I didn't want to ruin my favorite short with the addicting chick fi la sauce. She didnt want to move from table even to fill her soda and kept putting her hands by her sides from the sound maybe massaging her thighs and looking down. I broke my awesome posture and gave her a concerned look and asked her if she was okay and if I am doing anything to make her nervous. She sighed and looked like she was about to cry and said as she put her hands that were in her lap on the table and said I have a medical condition that is a form of lipodemia. That means her body does not know how to distribute its far evenly so it just goes to one place. I have that sort of the same thing from just being pear shaped, but I have gotten fat on my stomach and upper arms. For her it is a lot different. Starting with the fact that she has to sit at a booth not a regular chair and table. She needs the extra space of the long bench for her very big lower body that is probably twice as big as mine. She has so much loose extra fat the even the table has to be a certain height and not low, which is an embarrassing and challenge each time to find. Not every place will work and she has to leave certain places because of that. She told me she was so active and healthier before and did a lot of lifting and played volleyball. So she is very strong but her condition and current job has been affecting her body and spirit. She loves helping people and worked in a hospital but her condition worsened and she had to quit and work in HR behind a desk. She goes for walks on her lunch break to stretch her legs and keep the circulation going With her lower body and it being so big it also makes her tired easily. Sitting behind a desk does not help either and has made her gain more fat even faster. She made a joke about the fact that this meal will make her gain like 20lbs by tomorrow morning. We laughed and I said yeah these calories will show up on my body by tomorrow lol. Hey at least it was good though. But we both knew it actually was not funny and that 20lbs may seem like not that much but for her it is a lot. Even 5lbs is a lot..considering how much she has on her poor body already. How she found out her body had changed is sad. One night she was sleeping and in her heart she knew something was wrong..like she felt bigger than before. She woke up and turned the light on and flung back the covers and sat up. She looked down at her thighs and they looked so much different than what she was used too. Fat and skin was kind of hanging off the side of her thighs. She grabbed the side fat and lifted it up and dropped it back down. The top of her thighs jiggled. Same thing on her left thigh as well. She touched them and they felt like there was water underneath. Kind of like how you sit on a water bed same kind of feeling. She got out of bed and walked in her closest which had a tall mirror. On the way to the closet she could feel her thighs so close together and rubbing against each other. She said she cried when she saw herself in the mirror. She looked so different. She said she grabbed a pair of leggings she had a put them on but they almost ripped because of how wide and thick her hips were and thighs and omg she said in a quite voice her butt was so huge and fat that it scared her. She knew she had to get help. She took a picture in which she showed me and I was shocked but also was sympathetic to an extent. I had a moment like that where I didnt recognize myself and was really shocked on how my curves were changing. She beat herself up for not paying attention to her body and what her condition can do to her. she had fat pockets everywhere on her body. She almost did not know who she was. Now she has to order clothes custom made and has to wait so she wears leggings all the time since they are more comfortable and fit over her hips better than jeans can.

Makes you be grateful for the body you have. However even threw all that stuff she is very hopeful and understands that she cant just help people and not ignore her body. This condition is part of her but it will not break her spirit. She has a lot of faith. We talked little bit about other things and I shared about the other girls in the tribe.

Before we left the table it took her like 30 seconds or so to shimmy over to the edge of the booth and put both feet in front of her and use the table to push herself up. If she forgets and gets up the other way especially if the table is low her hips will hit the underside of the table. Sometimes her hips or the side of her butt will hit the table even if she gets out the special way. We walked out to our cars and she was smiling and talking and holding her head up high. She told me that she used to love going grocery shopping but a few times accidentally knocked something off the shelf because of her hips. Shes had to pay for a lot of food she never ate or wanted but oh well it is what it is. I looked at her and said with my hands on my hips Hey..you are not the only one with big hips. I have knocked so much stuff off the shelf that stores know me by name. She laughed and said Yeah you have a beautiful curvaceous body. Be proud of it even if others dont understand. I gave her a hug and she did touch my butt I guess to make sure it was real. I let it slide but texted her later saying I have a partner already. She said she was sorry I was just making sure you were real and not fake. I am staring to like woman more too anyway.

One tip she did give me was is to cushion all the sharp edges of counters or tables so that your hips does not hit them by accident. That way if you walk past them they wont feel like a stab or your hips. This girl has a lot of tips like that...even down to how she manages her thighs always being so close together and rubbing all the time everyday all day. I thought I had it figured out but I have at least a centimeter of space between my thighs that I can on a good day get away with. Even her car has two towels folded up to keep her thighs from spreading out when she is driving. Otherwise she would not be able to even click in her seatbelt. The small things we dont think about she has too.

Zuleika (Treat EZHAZE Like A Human)

11
User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean June 22nd, 2019

Thanks for sharing this story.. That is the thing I have come to learn, as well as many "Should" learn!...

Is always be nice and understanding to others even if the situation is hard to, for none of us know what someone else is going through or dealing with...

Its very easy to not think of that, or of others feelings when we are in our "own little worlds" from day to day.... and sometimes it ends up taking situations we don't want to be in to make us see "others" in a different light.

She sounds like a "beautiful" person inside and out and thats mainly because of her own personal struggle and experiences. And its things like that, that can make a person really "genuine" in the person that they are.... Best of luck to her in being able to overcome the obstacles that she currently faces.

User Profile: Zulegirl
Zulegirl OP June 23rd, 2019

@PoliteOcean

Yeah she has alot of obstacles!! We stay in touch a ton and she has days where she really really hates her body...she will call me and be crying and I have to tell her that you are inspiring so many other girls!!! Keep doing what you are doing. Believe it or not last month I found out I have the same kind of condtion she has and my physical self has been changing too so we are helping each other out. We still go to Chick Fi La regullary because we love it and that is where we met. Going out in public makes her nervous and its been making me kind of nervous too since my body has been changing and my fat cells are increasing the amount of fat I gain and how fast it shows up

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean June 23rd, 2019

@Zulegirl

Hey there!.. Thank you for sharing that personal information about yourself. I'm sure its not an easy thing to do, or go through or (even to talk about at times perhaps?)...But it seems like you are doing the best that you can to stay positive and its really awesome for you that the two of you have each other to lean on, and to support one another!...

And yes girl, Chick-Fila is AMAZING!... I personally LOVE their grilled Chicken wraps! (and yes, those yummy oat chocolate chip cookies too!) cheeky We must treat ourselves! Not punish ourselves or be down on ourselves... Society tends to put one another down enough, we don't need to do that to ourselves too!.... Yes, Enjoy your chick-fila and the great company that your friend brings you and provides you!... Best of luck to you both.

User Profile: Zulegirl
Zulegirl OP June 23rd, 2019

@PoliteOcean

Aww thanks so much PoliteOcean!! My hert is so happy!! Chick fi la also has really good tea and lemonade. Thank you so much. She has been going in and getting the fat sucked off of her. However it can come back so she has to work so hard to keep that from happenining.

User Profile: Zulegirl
Zulegirl OP July 13th, 2019

@PoliteOcean

Update on Emily! She almost cracked because she gained like 50lbs..I feel so bad for her! She had some of the extra fat sucked out, but it came back. So we have had to cut back on our chick fi la meet ups. She is trying to be happy and confident, but its not easy. Especially when your body just wants to be as thick as possible all the time!!

However she did tell me that this is who she is and she just has to do her best. Inspires me to try and think the same thing as well.

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean July 13th, 2019

@Zulegirl

Hey there again Zule! (lol... I just commented on your weekly check in as well) cheekysmiley

Thanks for keeping me up to date on your Friend!... Gosh...she sounds like such a sweet-heart. I haven't even met her ,but feel like I can "feel" her heart and how she's feeling about herself. I feel so bad for her, poor thing....

Even though she has her challenges, I think its amazing of her that she is trying to find some peace and perhaps some acceptance of herself!.. Thats awesome for her. And I'm even more sure that having an AMAZING friend like you to support her, and keep her going is helping as well!...Sometimes if we can just break through that whole "Mental place" we can be un-stoppable with anything else in our lives!....

Thank you for sharing with me! Please continue to keep me up to date on your friend.heart

User Profile: Zulegirl
Zulegirl OP July 13th, 2019

@PoliteOcean

Thank you I appreciate it and so does Emily. I realized that when I was wirting..haha. Anyway I dont give up on people and want to help.

I will keep you updated!

User Profile: Zulegirl
Zulegirl OP August 6th, 2019

@PoliteOcean

So I have not written about my friend Emily in a long time! She texted me and said that she is getting better, but stil not of the woods yet. I went to go see her and she walked out of her front door and to me. We talked and she was like "Hey turn around you look different" "im like yeah im trying to get new curves." She laughed and was like "You look amazing and you are so lucky!!" She has gained more weight and now her lower body is so huge that its hard for her to walk. Theres fat pockets all over her and its incredibly loose fat like water almost. Kind of like when you sit down on a water bed.

She said that the doctors dont know what to do about her..they said to just try and eat healthy and walk, but with the heat and her body the way it is it is a challenge for her. Believe it or not she is still as happy and a beautiful person..still laughs and doesnt take life to seriously.

She is such an angel.

User Profile: Zulegirl
Zulegirl OP September 29th, 2019

@PoliteOcean

Hello!! I have not done one of these in awhile. I have kind of lost contact with her and I am not sure where she is with her weight and health. She did reply back and say she is happy that I am doing well and going back to more hourglass.

She posted another picture last night and she is still the same. Its hard to tell if she has gained more weight and her lower body is now so huge that is really bad!! I told her we can meet up at Chick Fi La but she has not responded.

Should I try and reach out to her again or just let her come to me when she is ready? I am worried about her and want the best.

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean October 2nd, 2019

@Zulegirl

Hey there... Sorry to hear that things have kind of turned down a notch with your friend.. Sounds like she is going through some personal struggles. Its easy to "shut down" and push others away when we feel down or trying to avoid certain situations.

Hopefully she will come around again at some point and start to feel better about herself. In the meantime, its always a nice gesture to continue to remain supportive and "check-up" on your friend. Even if its just to say "Hello, I've been thinking of you and just want to say Hi"!

I think by doing that, she will at least know that you are still in fact thinking of her and that you still care and are there for her when she is ready. All the best to her! Good Luck!

User Profile: Zulegirl
Zulegirl OP October 3rd, 2019

@PoliteOcean

Okay I sent her a message letting her know I am thinking of her. I did see her writing something back because the bubbles poped up but then disappeared. So no reply still yet.

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more