Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Relaxation Activities?

November 5th, 2017

What relaxation activities, if any, do you engage in, in order to de-stress, and to promote health and well-being?

Examples: Yoga, meditation, deep breathing, Pilates, swimming, etc.

In order to achieve wellness and balance, I feel it is important to engage in relaxing self-care activities. This can allow you to remain effective in other areas of your life, and create balance with any stress you may experience.

21
User Profile: fishyfishfish
fishyfishfish November 6th, 2017

When seeking how to de-stress, I lay on the floor often in extended child's pose and just stay there in that small and grounded space until I feel better. I enjoy watching the effect breathing in that position over time has on my mood and supsequent feelings within my body. Whenever my mood improves, I'm struck by how useful deep breathing can be.

To promote health and well-being, I make sure to invest proper time and caring into the relationships I treasure. Sometimse self-care gets marketed as a solo act, but I am not an island. While I do take time to be by myself and engage in activities I enjoy, I also feel a sense of self-love when I take the time to show up for and connec with the people in my life who I can lean on for support.

November 8th, 2017

@fishyfishfish

Engaging in doing Yoga poses, sounds like a good method to engage in some effective relaxation for oneself. I have tried group Yoga classes in the past, and it is something which I am considering to participate in, again.

Fostering healthy relationships, and making an effort to get effective social support, and socialization for oneself, sounds like a good coping option, in order to enhance one

User Profile: fishyfishfish
fishyfishfish November 17th, 2017

Anytime! These days I use yoga as an emotionally supportive tool more so than a way to work out. For me, if I had to take a class to feel supported, I'd choose something restorative. Yin yoga can be really amazing!

Thank you for your kindness and connecting with me! 😊

load more
load more
User Profile: pinkPine9506
pinkPine9506 November 10th, 2017

To divide and conquer the beautifully chaotic realities of day-to-day life for only but a moment and discover a sense of peacefulness and tranquility I usually take a walk on the beach, meditate, pray, cry, hug trees, look at the sky, do yoga, paint, journal, photography, read with my kids, smile, a hug, listen to music or just light a candle or sage lay on my bed and just be...any of those at any given moment at some time or the other will help to make my world a better place...

User Profile: comesitwithme
comesitwithme November 13th, 2017

@pinkPine9506

hi pink, do you live near the beach? what you do for relaxation sounds so wonderful, it has got me imagining. :p

User Profile: pinkPine9506
pinkPine9506 November 13th, 2017

@comesitwithme Yes, I do! Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances my usual morning blue space beach walks are quite few to none, but when I am able to touch that sand, listen to the waves, smell that salty ocean air...i appreciate it more than I ever did before 👣🌊☯💕💕💕

User Profile: comesitwithme
comesitwithme November 14th, 2017

@pinkPine9506

sorry to hear that you are not able to get out there as often as you'd like. However, it does make the few times you manage to go, that much more precious. :)

User Profile: pinkPine9506
pinkPine9506 November 14th, 2017

@comesitwithme Absolutely 💕💕💕

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: quietlycrying123
quietlycrying123 November 10th, 2017

working out when i have the energy. go walk my dog and letting my mind rest as i

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 November 10th, 2017

apart from yoga or other walking etc. i find listening to relaxation music with "rain sounds" very helpfull

User Profile: comesitwithme
comesitwithme November 13th, 2017

@amiablePeace77

yes! that is very nice indeed. Today, I took a nap and work up in the middle to the sound of rain pelting my window. It was so soothing, I feel back asleep :P

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 November 13th, 2017

@comesitwithme

just the imagination of that makes me feel like taking a blanket and falling asleep

load more
load more
User Profile: HopefulSong17
HopefulSong17 November 11th, 2017

Sleep is my best friend. If terribly stressed I go into shutdown... can't complain. lol A hot shower is also very good at relaxing muscles and soul for that matter. Praying definitely... just because I know I'm connecting to someone who cares and who's got things under control when I seem to have lost it. Yeeey! And than... sleep. Purrrrrr! smiley

User Profile: lyricalSea85
lyricalSea85 November 13th, 2017

There is nothing more pleasant than watching the early sunrise, and star gazing at night.

Sunrise implies a symbol of hope. A hope that if things are down for a while, it doesn't have to be that way for long. There's always light, you just have to look up to it.

Life is just like the night sky. There's darkness, and there's light. Stars depict the happy side. Some days there are many stars, and others, no stars at all. Sometimes the clouds hide the stars. All you gotta do is shove the clouds aside and look for you bliss.

User Profile: AlluraRae
AlluraRae November 14th, 2017

Whenever I want to relax, I will go to my neighborhood pool, (there's usually no one there), and float at the top of the water, looking up at the sky. I feel that this helps me calm down and think about my day. It is very relaxing and I feel better about things that may have gone wrong that day.

December 7th, 2017

@AlluraRae

I also find swimming to be a relaxing type of an activity. It is easy on the joints, and something which people with arthritis and other physical impediments may find to be helpful. It can also prove to be an effective, full-body type of a workout. Besides swimming, one can also participate in classes, such as Aquafitness (sort of like aerobics performed in water).

load more
December 3rd, 2017

I do various activities to relax. I take warm baths, use jacuzzis/steam rooms/saunas, engage in deep breathing, play app games like Candy Crush, listen to music, and watch tv and movies. I also will be taking a Yoga class, for relaxation.

User Profile: Alia2
Alia2 December 6th, 2017

Walking , working out & listening to music are the best for me.

December 6th, 2017

@Alia2

These are some wonderful activities for relaxing! Keep them up!

User Profile: Alia2
Alia2 December 9th, 2017

@StrengthFromWithin

Thanks Strength

load more
load more
User Profile: FrendlyLove23
FrendlyLove23 December 7th, 2017

Reading a book, taking long walks into the nature, going to kids store and looking for kids toys, looking videos on youtube about relaxing massages.