Time out: We all need a three-day weekend (article)
“"A shorter working week is being trialed by companies all over the world. Not surprisingly, employees reported less stress, burnout, fatigue, as well as better mental health and improved work-life balance," Prof Maher says.
"This study provides empirical evidence that people have healthier lifestyle patterns when they have a short break, such as a three-day weekend. This increase in physical activity and sleep is expected to have positive effects on both mental and physical health, contributing to the benefits observed with a four-day work week.
"Importantly, our study also showed that even after a short holiday, people's increased sleep remained elevated for two weeks, showing that the health benefits of a three-day break can have lasting effects beyond the holiday itself. "As the world adapts to a new normal, perhaps it's time to embrace the long weekend as a way to boost our physical and mental health."”
My Takeaways:
Research shows conclusive evidence that implementing a four day work week instead of a five day week is associated with workers experiencing better mental health, stress control and work-life balance. Do you think a four day week should be implemented?
Pros: Like the article mentions there are many benefits with a four day week. This includes better mental health, less burnout and stress. Additionally the work loss from an extra day of work can be made up with the increase of efficiency that comes with workers being generally better well-rested and more motivated during the days they do work.
Cons: that being said a four day week is one less work day than the norm. While there may be benefit in the long run, implementing this strategy may be difficult especially within the lower paying jobs where labor is more dependable than the actual employee themselves.
Full article is here!
#Disability #Treatment #Therapy
**Would you prefer a four-day work week vs the regular five day week?
@sunnyWriting4806
As a Nurse, I have certainly worked my fair share of various hours. Shorter and longer....
~I have worked 8 hours/night 3x/week ... and 8hours/night 5x/week...... As I moved further into my career, I ended up working 12 hour Shifts 3x/week.
~If you look at those hours, each will add-up to a "different" paycheck! So In the end, I would think for me personally, as long as I am making what I need to do what I desire to do, pay my bills, and have a life with my family, then I go with the One that "Allows" me the MOST time to do ALL of those things!
~I personally never worked a "4 day" work week on a consistent basis.... but when I worked "3 day shifts" a week I liked that, simply because it gave me "less" time on the job, while continuing to not only provide for myself and my family, but also to have more time to be home with them during the week.
........ Now, in the end, the last nursing job I took on had me working 5 days a week again, 7hour shifts. But it was working for a local school. So With that job, I had MANY more benefits! Weekends off, Summers off, and the SAME schedule as my Kid. And I was home in the evenings with my family (and allowed me to sleep in my bed at night).
So... to me, I feel in the end, it's all based on personal preference and what I was actually looking for in my life at the time.
I now work for myself, so its even better. lol