Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Unsure

User Profile: EthanC67
EthanC67 July 19th, 2021

I am told that I show or feel no empathy and that it makes me a bad human being but I also do reconise I dont show empathy during events that would make a person feel bad for another and It really pains me to think how others think im a "Psychopath" and now its at a point I am beginning to accept it but I dont want people to see me like that.

1
User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean July 20th, 2021

@EthanC67

Hi there Ethan~ We're sorry to hear you are feeling bad over something you were told about yourself. It can be difficult and challenging when others express their opinions about us. However, thats all they are, are opinions. It doesnt' mean they are "Fact". And the fact that it has you feeling bad and "pains you" to think of how others might see you, shows that you have feelings and emotion there. Perhaps you may just not know "how" to express feelings towards others? Perhaps its not something you are used to doing? But it doesn't mean its not there within you. But we cannot control what others think about us, or what they "want" to see or believe or feel about us..... All we can do is control our own feelings and what "we" are doing.
While I'm not sure who or how many people have said this to you, but, if its come from those who are important to you in your life, perhaps when or if it comes up again, maybe you could sit down and talk with them. Ensure them that you do in fact care about them and let them know that they are important to you.

If this is something that you don't feel comfortable doing, perhaps you could "write" your feelings... or even "text" them? I know when I can't say things in words, its easier for me to write them out and share them that way.

Perhaps just making and taking some small steps doing these things can help you ? It can't hurt to try?!
Best of luck to you moving forward. We are here to support you!