Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

WELLNESS WEDNESDAY~ (11/1/23) NATIONAL STRESS AWARENESS DAY

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean November 1st, 2023

HEY EVERYONE~ 

WELCOME TO "WELLNESS WEDNESDAY"~

TODAY NOVEMBER 1st, is "NATIONAL STRESS AWARENESS DAY"~ 


*National Stress Awareness day is celebrated on the "First" Wednesday of every November. This celebration aims to identify stressors and reduce them in people’s lives.

*Stress is very normal in everyone’s daily life. Some amount of stress is good for our better performance; however, extreme levels of stress can be harmful and may give rise to other health problems. These health issues can vary from physical conditions such as diseases of the heart, blood pressure problems, and diabetes to severe mental health illnesses such as anxiety and depression. Dealing with high levels of stress can also harm relationships and disturb the ones around you. 

*Stress is a totally common human response. It is our brain’s method of conveying to us that we are being faced with a risky situation. Stress isn't terrible in itself; it can assist you with making a move, fulfilling time constraints, and/or completing things. Stress can turn into an issue on the off chance that you start to feel overpowered or that you can not adapt. 

* Some ways to cope with stressors are Writing down positive things in your life; Becoming physically active; making time for Hobbies; Stay connected with Others;......Stressors will always be there, you can't avoid it, but you can Manage it!


LET'S ANSWER SOME ICEBREAKERS REGARDING STRESS AWARENESS~ 

image_1698853807.png  image_1698853855.png


1.) How do you know when "you" are personally feeling Stressed (What things do you feel physically, mentally, or emotionally)?....

2.) What things do you do for yourself that help you to  Manage or "Cope" with Stressors or stressful situations?....

3.) Although we cannot totally or completely avoid Stress itself, but what things can you do to Help avoid adding extra stressors into your daily life?


Healthy Living Team Leaders: @PoliteOcean @SunShineAlwaysGrateful @vivelespatates @Azuldragon 

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful @vivelespatates @AveryLove @SirenOfSerenity @Regmo @EmbStitcher33 @calmsoulmeet @sweetrosa1987  @AffyAvo @Bre4Me  @Caringmama2022 @CarolineEmily01 @CyclingThroughLife @Dallady @determinedCat7367 @diamondintheROUGH2022  @GoldenNest2727 @nordurnStar @ouiCherie @PandaHelp000 @Rebekahwriter13 @selflessSpruce1515 @SilverSeastar @Spectaculaur @BestMaple2045 @purpleTree4652 @determinedNest6866 @HipsterChic @DestinyM2026 @charmingSky5972 @GreenFairie @KateDoskocilova lovingBanana5204

4
User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP November 1st, 2023

1.) How do you know when "you" are personally feeling Stressed (What things do you feel physically, mentally, or emotionally)?.... I typically start to feel "irritable" and may even get "short" with those around me. 


2.) What things do you do for yourself that help you to Manage or "Cope" with Stressors or stressful situations?....I tend to do whatever it is that makes me feel good, or better in the moment. Whether its getting outdoors, taking a drive, changing my scenery, watching a good TV show to redirect my thoughts, or Simply doing NOTHING at all! 


3.) Although we cannot totally or completely avoid Stress itself, but what things can you do to Help avoid adding extra stressors into your daily life?....For me, I personally "Avoid" people, places, or things that don't bring a Positive vibe into my life. If it makes me "feel" stressed, then I stay away from it as much as I can and am able. And I don't take on more than I Know can handle, I say NO when I know I need to!

User Profile: nordurnStar
nordurnStar November 1st, 2023

1.) How do you know when "you" are personally feeling Stressed (What things do you feel physically, mentally, or emotionally)?....

I think my defenses come up, and I try to protect myself through isolation. When there are stressful things happening, I always prefer to figure out where I stand on my own, and then come forward with a plan. 

2.) What things do you do for yourself that help you to  Manage or "Cope" with Stressors or stressful situations?....

Noticing when I'm having that isolation response as quickly as possible helps me get to a place where I am able to meet that need. If I don't notice I need time to come to my own conclusions, then I can get angry and short with people around me. And I will only feel more dread if I don't have time to come up with a plan. The sooner I can take stock, the better everyone will be. 

3.) Although we cannot totally or completely avoid Stress itself, but what things can you do to Help avoid adding extra stressors into your daily life?

This is still very challenging for me. I'm not always sure what the right thing to do, or to try to do is. I think trying to pay attention to what is making me feel stressed is helpful. Then it doesn't just become a background negative impact. 

User Profile: Enthenia
Enthenia November 2nd, 2023

@PoliteOcean As to the first question, I know I'm stressed when my chest starts to hurt or I get headaches or I start to panic at every little thing that goes wrong because each thing delays me in completing my task that much more. Unfortunately, my current place of employment is not conducive to serenity.

I usually try to go outside when I take a lunch break because my job is incredibly stressful and tedious. Today I didn't get to do that. I actually didn't take a break today aside from going to the restroom twice because I couldn't put it off any longer. I have to pull many reports from different locations then get customer information, update information, search for identification, request identification when I can't find it, separate files when people throw everything into a single ambiguous sub-folder, save occupation information if available, and deal with leads and management's comments that I need to pay more attention to the details (I do a lot--much more than coworkers).

I also have my music. If I was not able to listen my music, I wouldn't have stayed at this job for as long as I have. I don't always hear the lyrics or the composition, but it makes the drudgery more bearable. 

User Profile: amiableSalamander17
amiableSalamander17 November 2nd, 2023

@Polite

1.) How do you know when "you" are personally feeling Stressed (What things do you feel physically, mentally, or emotionally)?....

I feel worn out. I get tense and overwhelmed. 


2.) What things do you do for yourself that help you to  Manage or "Cope" with Stressors or stressful situations?....


I take a break from what I'm doing and do something relaxing like go for a walk or it could be nothing. 


3.) Although we cannot totally or completely avoid Stress itself, but what things can you do to Help avoid adding extra stressors into your daily life?

I can not take on more than I know I can handle. I can avoid doing things that I know or think will cause me more stress.