Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

WELLNESS WEDNESDAY!... 9/13/23 (IT'S "POSITIVE THINKING DAY")!

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean September 13th, 2023
HEY EVERYONE!

WELCOME TO "WELLNESS WEDNESDAY"~


😀Today is September 13, 2023.. and is
"POSITIVE THINKING DAY"~!

U.S. Positive Thinking Day is celebrated on September 13 every year to highlight the rewards of positive thinking. Positive Thinking Day is all about thinking positive thoughts.

😊DOES POSITIVE THINKING REALLY WORK?.... "Several studies show that reframing thoughts into more positive patterns can "positively" affect our health!...One proven benefit is decrease risk of heart disease.
😀WHY IS POSITIVE THINKING IMPORTANT?.... Because it lowers rates of depression and lowers levels of distress and pain. It provides greater resistance to illnesses , and provides better psychological and physcial wellbeing!
😄SOME WAYS THAT YOU CAN CELEBRATE POSITIVE THINKING DAY..... "Writing down positive affirmations;... Practicing gratitude or start a gratitude journal;.... Focus on positive people and emotions;.... Treat yourself!

image_1694635296.png

QUESTIONS:

1.) What are some things that you do to cultivate positive thinking into your day?

2.) Have you ever conquered a bad day by reframing your negative thoughts into more positive ones?.....If so, what was your experience and the positive outcome that it had for you?!

Healthy Living Team Leaders: @PoliteOcean @SunShineAlwaysGrateful @vivelespatates

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful @vivelespatates @AveryLove @SirenOfSerenity @Regmo @EmbStitcher33 @calmsoulmeet @sweetrosa1987 @AffyAvo @Bre4Me @Caringmama2022 @CarolineEmily01 @CyclingThroughLife @Dallady @determinedCat7367 @diamondintheROUGH2022 @GoldenNest2727 @nordurnStar @ouiCherie @PandaHelp000 @Rebekahwriter13 @selflessSpruce1515 @SilverSeastar @Spectaculaur @BestMaple2045 @purpleTree4652 @determinedNest6866 @HipsterChic @DestinyM2026 @charmingSky5972 @GreenFairie

2
User Profile: AnimalLover1125
AnimalLover1125 September 15th, 2023

Some things I do to reframe my negative thoughts is to write a gratitude list. Seeing on paper all the things I am grateful for can really help shift my mood. Doing my homework when I am feeling down and diving into my studies helps me change my mindset because it refocuses me and makes me feel like I can accomplish anything. I was having a bad day yesterday, hiding under the covers not wanting to face the day. Skipped class and just felt so guilty. My teacher is so nice and I felt like I disappointed her. So I put my big girl pants on, threw the covers off me, and grabbed my laptop. Handed in a few assignments for her class early to get ahead. After that I was feeling more motivated I did some self care soothing exercises to treat myself, and then cleaned the house. Seeing all this positivity after such a negative morning shifted my day and mood completely.

1 reply
User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP September 15th, 2023

@AnimalLover1125

Hey there Animal!...

Oh I LOVE the idea of the "Gratitude List"! That is definitely a good one! I have done that as well, and you are absolutely right, that seeing it all on paper in front of you can certainly help "shift a mood"!...

You surely have many great thing that you do for yourself. I think its amazing that you are actually able to do "Homework" when you aren't feeling the greatest. (I never liked homework myself and feel that may have been a tough one for me there lol)!... So I find that to be awesome. That really is amazing that you are able to work on dividing up your studies and that it helps you to focus and change (and improve) your mindset overall! I can see why that would help in making you feel accomplished.

We are sorry to hear that you were having a bad day recently,... Sometimes we just have to do what we need to do for ourselves (even it means hiding under the covers and not wanting to do much else). And THAT IS OKAY!...And we don't need to feel guilty for feeling our feelings. Our feelings are valid. I think its even more amazing that you were able to overcome your feelings in a productive way (by handing in assignments, doing some self care soothing exercises, cleaning, etc..)!

You really do seem to know how to "Cultivate" positive thinking! We are proud of you!. Continue to keep up the great work that you are doing. And for being an inspiration to others on how to do so!!

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us!


load more