WELLNESS WEDNESDAY ICEBREAKER FUN: "ITS NATIONAL CLEAN YOUR ROOM DAY"
HEY EVERYONE,
TODAY IS both, "WELLNESS WEDNESDAY" AND....
"NATIONAL CLEAN YOUR ROOM DAY"!~
⭐️IN Honor of Mental Health Awareness Month, "National Clean your Room Day" actually has many benefits..... As we know Cleanliness is tied into our "Mental Health & Wellbeing".
⭐️Research has shown that cleaning can produce several positive effects on Mental Health.
⭐️Among them is a "SENSE OF CONTROL & a CALMING EFFECT" Caused by engaging in repetative activity. And the end result of a Cleaner environment helps to "REDUCE STRESS, ANXIETY, & DEPRESSION"!

QUESTIONS:
1.) IF YOU CLEANED UP YOUR ROOM TODAY, WHAT IS "ONE" THING YOU WOULD KEEP? WHAT IS "ONE" THING YOU'D THROW AWAY?!
2.) WHEN YOU CLEAN YOUR ROOM OR THE AREA AROUND YOU, HOW DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL AFTERWARDS MENTALLY & EMOTIONALLY?!.... HOW DOES IT BENEFIT YOUR OVERALL WELLNESS?
@PoliteOcean it's almost bedtime here. But I will do it first thing tomorrow.
I am a believer of cleaning the room.
I believe that the room we spend most of our time in, has a huge impact on our psyche.
So, cleaning and organizing it from time to time becomes immensely important.
@PoliteOcean
Hi, Ocean,
IF YOU CLEANED UP YOUR ROOM TODAY, WHAT IS "ONE" THING YOU WOULD KEEP? WHAT IS "ONE" THING YOU'D THROW AWAY?! That's funny since I just moved. I am building a box of things that I want to give away. Even though I don't have room for my vases, I'm keeping them.
2.) WHEN YOU CLEAN YOUR ROOM OR THE AREA AROUND YOU, HOW DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL AFTERWARDS MENTALLY & EMOTIONALLY?!.... HOW DOES IT BENEFIT YOUR OVERALL WELLNESS? It's a good feeling. I feel like I've accomplished something and like my area is a little bit healthier.
@purpleTree4652
Hey there Tree....
I think that is great that you are managing to clean and rid yourself of things you may not need in your new place. I honestly think that is a perfect time to do that. The last time I moved, thats what I did too. And it felt so "freeing" to start fresh. (While also keeping the small things that mean something to us).
That is awesome that you are feeling good and accomplished! While also creating a healthier space and surroundings for yourself! It truly does feel great mentally. Keep up the great work.
I wish I could clean my room. I have been working on it for months. I'm just not well enough. But I have done a little bits and pieces at a time. I wish I had someone to make my bed because I cannot do it. I have gotten rid of almost everything that does not belong there. I suppose the only thing left to get rid of is any spring summer clothing that does no longer fit. I just got them out so I'll have to try them all on. That's very hard for me also. As far as things I would not let go, the necessary items such as laptop and agenda book and the journals that I have kept over the years
@adaptableOcean4193
Hey there~
We are so sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. But we think that is really great that despite not feeling your best, that you are able to do little things in bits and pieces a little at a time. Every little bit makes a difference! And small steps add up.
Regarding your bed, this is just a suggestion, maybe if you just "halfway" make it.... As long as you have a sheet on it, perhaps just Folding your blanket, and placing it across the "foot of the bed" gives it a "neater" appearance?!. Just a thought if you can't fully do it. But I think its great that you have gotten rid of other things that don't belong, (clearing out extra clutter).
It sounds like you have a nice handle on things, and are getting there little by little. And thats Okay! You do what you can, when you can, and over time it will get done! Keep up the great work! And we are here for you.
@PoliteOcean
Awwe, you are so sweet. Thank you for the encouragement. It helps that others can point out the small increments of change I don't see over frustration of not being able to do what I once could in the same manner and at the same pace. It reminds me I truly am getting better but the pace has slowed a bit. I have finally found a stroke support group in the UK that is helpful. They are actually the ones who sent me here to 7 cups initially. I forgot how to get back to them for awhile, but recently did find them again and figured out the 5 hour time difference to attend meetings there. Both they and 7 Cups have been a Godsend to me in my recovery. Thank you so much for being here!
@adaptableOcean4193
Aww thank you so much, (that is so sweet of you as well). And thats what I (And we) are here for... To help support and encourage you in any way that we can! I'm so glad to hear that you have found us here at 7cups and that this site has been helpful and of benefit to you! I'm so sorry to hear about your Health matter, but I'm so glad to hear that you are coming along and recovering. I'm sure it has been a challenging time for you, and frustrations will surely arise at times. But just remember, Small steps, just keep going. You've got this! And you will reach your goals. There is no time limit, no race. Just take it day by day. And I'm glad to see that you too have been reminded that you ARE in fact getting better. And that in itself is the "ultimate goal"! Just remember that we are here for you. And please feel free to stop by our "WEEKLY CHECK-IN" thread as well at the end of each week, and stop by, say hello, tell us about your week, and let us know how you are coming along with things! And please take care <3
@PoliteOcean
I am admittedly not a neat person. While my room is not dirty, it is cluttered.
Once the clutter reaches a certain threshold, that triggers me to tidy up an organize. One always feels a sense of accomplishment after.
I learned that someone I dated many years ago turned out to be a serious hoarder. From what I understand, that is related to OCD.
@UberRuminator
Hey there Uber~
Thats good that you have a handle on when things start to become "too cluttered" for you. (Some people might not care or let it bother them at all).
Hoarding can certainly be an issue! I used to watch that show (not sure if you ever heard of it or watched it) but it was actually called "Hoarders". It can certainly get a little crazy and over the top. OCD can surely have a part in that. As well as other "Mental Health" issues.
Thanks for sharing your responses with us!
@PoliteOcean YASSSSSS This is so crazy, I had no idea today was National Clean Up Your Room Day and I've been spring cleaning for the past few days including today!
I am keeping everything that aligns with me and my lifestyle, and I throw out items like clothes that I haven't worn in over a year. I always tell myself excuses to keep something, when deep down, it's time to get rid of it. It no longer aligns with me.
After cleaning up, it makes me feel so much lighter!! My energetic field feels less groggy and clouded, I feel like I can breathe and it even takes a toll on my mood and motivation. Waking up and seeing a big mess is discouraging and usually makes me crawl under the covers for "5 more minutes." I tell myself "If I wouldn't post it, my room is not clean."
@fiercemochi
hey there!... Hahaha... seems like they have a "Day" for just about everything anymore! lol... But I was "yesterday years old" when I discovered this myself 😉
I think its great that you are taking the time to get your Spring Cleaning done. The nicer, warmer weather and (pending summer ahead) certainly gets me in the mood to Clean and get organized and have everything all Fresh!
I think its awesome that you are keeping things that you want/need & that align with your needs. And that you are "BRAVELY" getting rid of old clothes that you haven't worn in a year! (Good for you)!.... As I must admit, that is certainly a tough one for me to do! Hahaha... I either keep ALL the clothes, or get rid of some only to replace them with more! 😏
But thats really great that you are able to reason with yourself when its time to get rid of things that are no longer needed, and allowing your space to serve the purpose for which its designed. And that it allows you to feel more energetic and lighter! I feel the same way! Its certainly beneficial to our mental health and overall wellbeing. You are really doing a Great job! Continue to keep up the great work!