Are there any strength training sports?
Hello there! (I'm not sure I'm using the thread correctly so please let me know if this is the wrong way to use it) I was wondering if stuff like rope climbing, rock climbing on their own are enough strength training. Are they enough on their own or do you have to add weight lifting on the side?
@HeckaHecker
Hey there ... that is a really great question!...
Although I'm not quite an "expert" on Strength training, but as a Nurse and Fitness Instructor, I will tell you that rope climbing, rock climbing etc.. are BOTH excellent ways to perform strength training. As both require you to use your own body strength and force to do them. And its working the entire body.
Other ways to incorporate strength exercise "Without" weights are by doing other exercises that rely on your own body weight such as "Planks, Push-ups" Wall-sits, workouts like Tabata where you uses "resistance" by use of your own body as well as "exercise bands" etc..... all of these (as well as many more) can help you to increase strength, muscle, tighten, tone, etc.... Good luck to you on your efforts, and if you have any other questions please feel free to comment again or reach out.
@PoliteOcean Thank you very much! This was really helpful.
@HeckaHecker
You are very welcome!..... also... You could probably also do your own research on Youtube and google as well.... By typing in and asking it to show you best strength workouts with out weights... (or reallly whatever it is that you are searching for!) Good luck to you!