FITNESS FRIDAY 1/18/19~ (5 Fun Snow Day Workout Ideas!)
HEY EVERYONE! WELCOME TO "FITNESS FRIDAY"!....
**Lots of us are currently in the "WINTER Season" at this time... so I wanted to touch base with some Fun Snow Day Workout Ideas!~
**Don't let The Winter weather deter you from reaching your "Healthy Living Goals"! "BUNDLE UP" and use these tips to help you stay active as we patiently wait for 'Springtime"!
**Please read and use ideas with caution... Please contact your physician before beginning any exercise program**
1) PLAY LIKE A KID
You're NEVER too old to build a snowman! To get more out of your time outside, "Squat" each time you roll a snowball to strengthen your legs and glutes! SLEDDING in the snow is another fun way to get in some activity as well!
2) GO FOR A WINTER WALK
One good thing about the colder weather: it may actually encourage you to pick up your walking pace!... Invest in a pair of boots with "traction", so that you can continue to walk!
3) SHOVEL (With Caution)
Shoveling can actually be a great workout!... but follow these tips to avoid injury!: "STRETCH" before you head outside, then push the snow rather than lifting it. If you need to scoop up snow, partcially fill the shovel and lift with your legs instead of your back!... If you been sedentary for awhile, you might want to skip this one for awhile to avoid strain on the heart........ Call for backup instead, with a family member, friend, or neighborhood kid who may need some extra cash!
4) TRY A NEW SPORT
Snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, Ice Skating, .... just veering from your "Usual" gym routine can help strengthen rarely used muscles while also providing that "fun factor"!
5) WORK UP A SWEAT INSIDE
Because sometimes its just too cold, if you have NO intention to leave the house, then make time for an "Indoor" activity instead!.... Theres lots of fun things you can find to do on YOUTUBE & PINTEREST ...as well as perhaps a favorite workout Dvd or article!...
You can also look up one of our 'Many" suggestions here in our FITNESS FRIDAY Forum!!...
**WHAT ARE SOME OF "YOUR" FAVORITE WORKOUT AND ACTIVITY IDEAS DURING THE WINTER SEASON?!**
**I've personally spent most of my life living in the Northern USA... I have currently lived in the South for over 15 years......I'm not much of a "fan" of colder weather anymore lol.... But, growing up I used to LOVE to sled ride with my friends during the winter season... and the winter before we moved 'south"... Me, my husband and my son who was very young at the time, all hopped on "ONE" Sled together and got a last sled ride in that winter! lol... It was so much fun!
**Just a few years ago after I first started teaching ZUMBA classes 8years ago, I found my son's "old" plastic sled.... and we had our very "first" winter season here with alot of snow (WHICH WE ONLY GET "ONCE" A YEAR) if that?!... , so needless to say, I got it out and went sledding down the hill of our new home lol... I'm sure I looked like a crazy lady to our new neighbors! lol....
**Currently, I find that its more difficult for me to tolerate the cold of the winter season here , the older I get... so I stick to teaching my fitness classes and attending others.. I don't walk outside as much, but, when we get a good "milder" winter day with lots of sunshine I do love to take my Dog for a walk. He needs the exercise too!