FITNESS FRIDAY 1/26/18 - (SHARE YOUR STORY)!
HEY EVERYONE...
(So...I'm a little late on Fitness Friday...by a few hours, but shhhhh.....don't tell!) 
I thought we could do something a little different this week!.. And do a "SHARE YOUR STORY"!.... Share something with us that you Love to do, whether its for "Fitness", for "Activity" or just for "Fun"! We'd love to hear your story and what keeps you going!!
Personally I Love workouts or Activity that keeps me from being "Bored"... I like things that are FUN, and that can keep me accountable & motivated as well~
** Something I LOVE to do of course is ZUMBA FITNESS.... I have been doing ZUMBA since 2010. I became an instructor 6 months later after losing weight and gaining more stamina in 2011. I LOVE to dance, and this was just a workout that totally came naturally for me. Once the music came on, I was in love and never looked back. It surely is an "Exercise in Disguise" (is what we like to call it)
Because it doesn't even feel like a workout. By the end you have scorced hundreds of calories and your dripping sweat!
**Something else that I love to do is BOOTCAMP!... I haven't done this one in awhile, but, I happened upon this type of workout when I was at work one day, and saw a flyer for it in one of our staff workrooms. After reading it, I knew this workout was something that I wanted to be apart of. Something that would change my body, help me to eat right, and keep me accountable!.... I did this for about a year, and it had me doing things I NEVER thought I could or would do. (Running, jogging, Planks and Push-ups, they even incorporated games into it and actually made it fun)!... The best part is , is that THEY did it with you!... They didn't just tell you to do it! And they kept you accountable with eating by giving you a journal that they got to read 'EVERYDAY' to see what and how you were eating!... It was great, and totally transformed my body and the way I felt.
**My latest passion is now POUND FITNESS!... Its a "Drumming Workout" with weighted drumsticks.... And it has you "Pounding" it out with some great Rock n Roll tunes.. Doing squats, lunges and lots of core work in between. Another exercise "in disguise".... If you have never tried it, and theres a class near you, you should check it out! And then grab a friend and hit up a class!... My next goal is to get licensed this year to teach this format as well~
I also love exercises that keep me from being bored!
~ My favourite exercise is (no surprise because I think it's half of what I talk about here xD) gymnastics! I like that it's fast paced and there are always new things to learn
~ I also love going to trampoline parks and rock climbing walls - I'm often so focused on having fun or achieving a new goal that I forget that I'm even exercising until I'm exhausted at the end!
~ Generally I despise walking/running but I love it when I find a scenic route! Whether that's on holidays through a mountain or forest, or just exploring new areas around my house (since recently I finally moved to a much more beautiful area than I've lived in most of my life) - I find that it keeps me far more interested!
@PhoenixAsh
I have always loved Gymnastics as well... Its always been fascinating for me to watch. I never actually got to join in this when I was younger, but always wanted to. At the time growing up, my mom couldn't afford it b/c I was involved with so many other things as well.lol...
But I would spend hours at a time practicing in my own back yard, teaching myself everything from Front walk-overs, round-offs, to back walkerovers etc.... One thing I never had a chance to "perfect" was my "Back hand-spring"
... But oh well... I can however certainly see why you love it so much.
And yes, I am not much of a walker or runner by any means.. .but.. in the summer time when its nice and we're able to get outdoors, it makes it so much easier to do so when you have a good scenic area for sure!
Pilates is definitely my favourite form of exercise! I love how you can grow stronger just by using your own body weight. That fascinates me still to this day, and I love seeing and feeling the improvements exercise has made to my body and life. Cardio is my worst enemy, but zumba makes it much more bearable!
@rebecca947
I agree Rebecca!.. It is pretty amazing to see how our own bodies can transform just by using well.. "our own bodies!" lol.... When I did bootcamp and was working on so many strength exercises such as planks, pushups, lunges etc... it was amazing to watch the transformation.
And glad to see you are into Zumba as well! Yes it certainly does make cardio MUCH more bearable!