FITNESS FRIDAY 1/4/19~ (5 Ways to make Exercising a Reality)
HEY EVERYONE! HAPPY NEW YEAR!....
**For those of you who are just starting and "New" to Healthy Living and "Fitness", or for those who might have become a little "too relaxed" during the Holiday season, today's Fitness Friday will discuss getting started or "Re-started" and How to make Exercise a Reality!
You know it like you know many of life's truths:.... you need to move your body.
But knowing that exercise is essential and actually doing it are two separate concepts. "The beginning of a new routine is usually not a problem"...... It's farther down the road, when the new lifestyle still isn't integrated and the old one is tugging on you to return.
5 Ways to Make Regular Exercise a Reality
1. Develop a plan of accountability.
For some people it's simply writing information in an exercise journal, and for others it's reporting to a coach or another person "Commitment plus accountability equals success."!
2. Rely on the pleasure principle.
Ask yourself what you enjoy and then incorporate that into your routine. I don't like to exercise, but I love to do ZUMBA & POUND!...Knowing that I'm going to a class with other "like-minded" people working towards the same or similar goals helps!... And once the music gets started, Time goes by faster and I get my exercise."!!
3. Seek variety.
If you walk outdoors on the same path every day, attempt to notice one thing that's different about your walk — an emerging flower, the number of dogs in the neighborhood this morning — or take a different route each time (even reversing direction counts!).
4. Find a workout partner.
Exercising with a friend allows you to monitor your intensity while you get caught up on one another's news..... If I think my exercise will be boring, meeting and walking with someone is a guaranteed cure."
5. Keep your eye on the prize.
"I work out at least 5 times a week..... sometimes when I start my workout in the morning, I start my day off feeling good,......"I don't enjoy losing an extra hour of sleep, but I enjoy how I feel during and after my workout."!
***WHAT ARE SOME WAYS "YOU" CAN MAKE EXERCISING MORE OF A "REGULAR" REALITY?!... DO YOU SEE ANYTHING HERE THAT CAN HELP? WHAT ARE YOU DOING CURRENTLY THAT YOU'D LIKE TO SHARE WITH OTHERS?!!***
Well, I never really cared to "workout" or exercise... so its really CRAZY to me that I became a Fitness Instructor!.....But what I found that worked for me, was starting off simple, walking with a relative,or just putting on some music, and tuning out the world as I walked on my own!....
Once I was able to just enjoy the what I was doing, or enjoy the "results" of what I was doing, it helped me to keep going.... Eventually as I built up more "Stamina" I engaged in "other" workouts and fell in Love with both ZUMBA Fitness and then Eventually POUND Fitness.~
Finding something you "ENJOY" will surely help to keep you accountable on those days you don't feel like working out because it will never seem like a "Workout".... For me, Once the Music starts in any class, I get lost in the music, and next thing you know the Hour is gone!![]()
@PoliteOcean
I love this post! Thank you so much for making it. What I find for myself is that I struggle to exercise when the weather is ridiculously hot, so I'm wondering how to incorporate exercise even during times like these. I don't have aircon in my house either, so more of a reason to not work out and faint xD
However, what I like is beginning super basic and not going too far in too early. So I might start with 10mins of simple exercise, then 20mins then an hour later on whenever I feel ready. Or instead of doing 100 reps, I'll start with 10 etc. And having a friend who's doing it with you is always super helpful! xx
@rebecca947
Hey Rebecca!
Every little bit counts and helps...no matter how you do it or get it in for yourself.
On "hot" days, do you like to swim at all?... Thats usually what I do in the summer months. One will mostly find me at the Pool on Hot days lol...Or if you are near a beach/ocean?....
I remember you stating that you went to the beach around New Years with your sister & mom so I thought maybe you might be near one?
@PoliteOcean
Nope, no beach! And our pool is uh... lets say... slightly dirty. Biggest understatement of the century 😂 once its fixed (if it will be at all...) Ill probbably use it, but in the meantime... oh also, its not undercover so I reckon the water will be burning hot too! Even turning on the cold tap, the water immediately comes out boiling hot xD
And my sister lives super close to the beach! But its a 2 hour drive for us to get to her place :p unfortunate! Plus, shes moving out end of January.