FITNESS FRIDAY 2/8/19~ (Take the WORK Out of Your Workout!)
HEY EVERYONE!
WELCOME TO "FITNESS FRIDAY"~ Today we will focus on taking the "Work" out of your workout. Remember, when you do activities that you "enjoy" , then it will never seem like work!
**Think of those carefree summer days of childhood, when you played Freeze Tag, rode bikes and ran around for hours at a time, never realizing what you were doing was actually exercise!!...... Logging 30 minutes on the elliptical machine isnt quite the same, is it? These grown-up activities will put the fun back in fitness and make you feel like a kid again!
Jump for joy
Kids can spend hours bouncing on backyard trampolines free of adult-like fears of breaking an ankle. Now trampoline parks are opening in cities across the country. Trampoline fitness classes, which combine calisthenics, core exercises, and strength training, offer a full-body workout with added challenge of a bouncy surface and the benefit of a reduced impact on adult-worn joints.
Theres something for everyone and its a different class every time......
Fly through the air
Have you ever contemplated joining the circus as a child?!...., In addition to the mood-lifting benefits of embracing your inner circus star, "Aerial workouts" help build upper body and core strength, as well as flexibility and coordination.
Play in the mud
Muddy race events, like the "TOUGH MUDDER" are popular in cities across the country. Combining military-style challenges with mud pits, and teamwork with tough obstacle courses, events that were once for hardcore athletes alone are now appealing to weekend warriors and moms alike. Courses include challenges from running and biking to climbing walls and traversing monkey bars, all of which requires stamina, strength, skill and an adventurous spirit.
Color yourself happy
If you think back fondly on the art of finger painting and the rainbow of hues all over your hands, youll love nationwide 5K events like Color Me Rad...The Color Run.... and The Graffiti Run....non-timed races in which participants dressed in all white are doused with bright-colored powders at each kilometer. While having fun is the number-one priority of these colorful events, entrants still reap the fitness benefits of running, jogging or walking the 3.1-mile course.
Do the hula
Hoop, that is, with weighted versions of the childhood classic, and workout moves that burn and tone, courtesy of HOOPNOTICA.., an international fitness and dance craze that aims to reintroduce the element of play into physical fitness. With instructors all over the country teaching 60-minute, low-impact, multi-level classes that start with basic waist hooping and evolve into off-body exercises and advanced choreography, Hoopnotica burns up to 600 calories per hour, builds core strength and improves posture and coordination.
Hula hooping also boosts the mood and increases self-esteem.......Hooping can be incredibly transformative~
WHAT WORKOUTS OR "ACTIVITY" DO "YOU" LIKE TO DO OR CHALLENGE YOURSELF WITH THAT DON'T REALLY SEEM LIKE WORK, YET GETS YOUR HEART PUMPING, AND BURNS MAJOR CALORIES ALL WHILE HAVING FUN?!!
*As an Instructor of BOTH .. "ZUMBA FITNESS" & "POUND", I'd surely have to say that my answer lies there with these two workouts!...
ZUMBA: I think the reason I truly fell in love with ZUMBA was for one, I LOVE to Dance, and once that music starts, my feet can't help but to keep moving and having fun! ....Right away it became a passion of mine, as well as my "Soul-mate" workout! That even when I'm NOT teaching, You can find me in somebody else's class!
POUND: When I first discovered POUND, there was something about having those "Drumstix" in my hand and "drumming" to the differents beats of Rock-n-Roll music and various other Genres!.... All while "secretly" hiding the fact that I was doing what I considered to be at the time a "million" squats! lol... But throught it all, It never bothered me because I was so in tune with 'Drumming" and the music!..., and I left feeling "Empowered" and like a TRUE ROCKSTAR!
These are the reasons I teach these two amazingly, fun Fitness Formats~
I don't understand how some of these things became so popular and I really don't consider them fun - the first never, the latter I would when I was younger but now it's just too much impact on my body.
Tough mudder being the top one - the type of course varies, but some of them involve quite harmful things like electric shocks. Even if I was healthy the risks just seem to be too high. Even in ones that aren't so extreme, infections are really common afterwards as the 'mud' often contains fecal material.
I have jumped on a trampoline but as kids my parents wouldn't get us one becuase of risks. Ask any orthopedic surgeon their opinion on trampolines
A trampoline park is just increasing the dangers. There was a teen near here who is paralyzed due to a park and the park's response following that was really shady and unprofessional. Some have shut down as the insurance became too high because of the high rates of injuries. Marketplace did a segment on them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFOcCOCzVEw
I feel like for those too, there's increase risks with age (not discussed in marketplace). Getting older/gaining strength can help for kids as just being able to control one's body plus not being the smallest one there helps. After a certain point though, flexibility tends to decrease and we just can't recover from falls as well, so that puts adults more at risk.
Uhm, I suppose playing in the mud is not as funny and is totally dirty. Besides, you can even infect yourself if there are any cuts or scratches. As for me, I usually prefer more traditional and short workous, like this one. I totally agree that Zumba and other active thins can be not only good for the body, but also very funny. I like doing Kangoo jumpsб that's so funny and really sweaty!
@AffyAvo @funnyLake2917
I hear what you are saying... However some people actually like these types of workouts! lol...
For me?...I would have to turn them down.. although the "Hula Hoop" thing I wouldn't mind so much... (But I'm against the dirt, mud, trampoline etc.. for the same reasons) But people really seem to like those Mud Runners And where I''m from they LOVE the "Color Run"...
I don't really find it all that appealing though to get "spray painted" in the face or any other body part with different paints ( or dirt, mud) whatever of any kind...
And If I did anything "Ariel" (or Trampoline) at this point in my life, No bone in my body would probably be safe!
BUT... To each their own! lol