Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

FITNESS FRIDAY 4/17/20 - (OPEN DISCUSSION: IN WHAT WAYS HAVE YOU BEEN ACTIVE WHILE SOCIAL DISTANCING?)

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean April 17th, 2020

HEY EVERYONE!

WELCOME TO FITNESS FRIDAY!...

**With everything going on around us and having to "Social Distance" ourselves, many are stuck at home, or indoors at this time.

MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU TODAY:

1) IN WHAT WAYS HAVE YOU BEEN STAYING ACTIVE DURING THIS TIME OF SOCIAL DISTANCING?

2) HOW DO YOU KEEP UP WITH YOUR FITNESS LEVELS, EXERCISE OR ACTIVITY?

3) WHATS SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE DONE TODAY, OR CAN DO OVER THE NEXT WEEK TO KEEP UP WITH YOUR GOALS?

Self-Care Tip 2: Stay Active

12
User Profile: springfox
springfox April 17th, 2020

@PoliteOcean

I have been using my dog as an excuse to get out and do consecutive walks during the day. Eventually I want to start jogging but i think I am still a bit too heavy and I don't want to damage my joints or muscles by over exerting myself yet.

2 replies
User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP April 17th, 2020

@springfox

Yes this is an EXCELLENT Way to keep active during this time!!... Having a dog is a great way to keep you accountable to get outdoors and keep up activity! Way to go! Don't stop! And keep up the great work!

1 reply
User Profile: springfox
springfox April 17th, 2020

@PoliteOcean

definitely I'm more ready than ever to start my fitness journey I have just started with it but I have made okay progress so far I lost only a little bit of weight but that is a little bit of weight i wouldn't have lost laying around all day feeling sorry for myself

load more
load more
User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP April 17th, 2020

** I've mainly been staying active for many reasons. But mostly because I don't want to "un-do" any progress that I have made over the past year. Its very easy during this time to get off-track with things especially activity and exercising. Being a Zumba Instructor, I have had access to MANY Zumba "Livestream" workouts. (I have not done my own, but very much enjoy watching others at this time and being the "student" again). And do this almost daily.

**With the weather turning nicer, I've also finally been able to walk more frequently in the mornings, so I try to keep up with this at least 4-5 days a week. And having my dog, is a great way to get him (and myself) outdoors for more walking at his favorite place by the Lake.

**With so many things needing done around my Home, I have been focusing in the afternoons and weekends on getting these things done. Which definitely keeps me "moving and active" for sure!

1 reply
User Profile: springfox
springfox April 17th, 2020

@PoliteOcean

Yeah doing a lot of chores I've been more eager to do them than ever before really lol

load more
User Profile: avagraco
avagraco April 17th, 2020

1) IN WHAT WAYS HAVE YOU BEEN STAYING ACTIVE DURING THIS TIME OF SOCIAL DISTANCING?

As a dancer, I've been keeping up with at least 5 hours of dance classes daily and 2+ hours of conditioning, not including 1+ hour(s) of stretching. I also like to run (typically 2-3 miles), walk (3-4 miles), or bike (15+ miles).

2) HOW DO YOU KEEP UP WITH YOUR FITNESS LEVELS, EXERCISE OR ACTIVITY?

I try to get a good nights sleep, and plan my meals according to my schedule for the day. As a mega competitive person, I also like to see what my friends are doing to make sure I'm doing more :). Im just really competitive.

3) WHATS SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE DONE TODAY, OR CAN DO OVER THE NEXT WEEK TO KEEP UP WITH YOUR GOALS?

I'd like to give myself an "off" day where I only dance for 2 hours and condition 1, with 1/2 hour stretch.

1 reply
User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP April 17th, 2020

@avagraco

Hahaha.. wow, you sound like me (to a degree) lol... I'm VERY competitive as well, and always like to try to "do more" in regards to others. Whether its another instructor, or my husband, or even the steps my mom gets in "her" day.

Its great that you are able to keep up with your activity and fitness goals so well during this time. Sounds like you are doing a great job!

Thanks for responding and sharing!

load more
User Profile: TheAtticusFinch
TheAtticusFinch April 17th, 2020

@PoliteOcean

1) IN WHAT WAYS HAVE YOU BEEN STAYING ACTIVE DURING THIS TIME OF SOCIAL DISTANCING?

I've been trying to work out daily! I have a bunch of people keeping me accountable like my studygroup on discord and also my best friends. I try to do two 10 minutes of a certain body work out (abs, lower abs, glutes, legs, etc.) and followed by 10 minutes of yoga :)

2) HOW DO YOU KEEP UP WITH YOUR FITNESS LEVELS, EXERCISE OR ACTIVITY?

I use a calendar and sending funny clips of me flailing around to let my friends know that I did my workout today :)

3) WHATS SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE DONE TODAY, OR CAN DO OVER THE NEXT WEEK TO KEEP UP WITH YOUR GOALS? I'm going to be trying out a new productivity system with Notion to keep up with my goals starting tomorrow! (I gotta transfer all my google calendar and google drive stuff over first lol)