Food and menstruation?
I just had my period, its at its last stage ( just a little bit of brown as the ladies would be experienced with ) and I am really dizzy, I can't remember ever feeling this dizzy when my period is ending, I assume it is due to low blood preassure(?) Or hopefully it is.
The only meat I eat is fish and I'm trying to regain a healthy iron level with brocolly, olives and beans to accompany the fish which in my understanding does not contain much iron ( I eat mostly salmon ), I wonder if my dizzyness is caused by being anemic and what other foods contain a lot of iron?
If not, could it be that the hormones are changing now at the end of it? And is there any food then to help the hormones not make me dizzy?
The first thing I thought of when you said something about feeling dizzy is that I thought your iron would be low.
You mention eating fish upon occasion but sometimes menstruation can send the body out of whack. Afterall, it includes bleeding. I would take it easy for today. If you can, cook something with legumes or nuts or something so that if it is an iron thing, your body can recuperate. I know a lot of women (myself included) feel super weird near the end of their period; some get flu like symptoms, some get fatigued... It's all up to each person's body chemistry.
If it stays for a couple more days, then I'd probably talk to a doctor. But it seems like it'll hopefully be a short term thing <3 Hope this helps!
Also, foods that contain iron:
Legumes: lentils, soybeans, tofu, tempeh, lima beans
Grains: quinoa, fortified cereals, brown rice, oatmeal
Nuts and seeds: pumpkin, squash, pine, pistacio, sunflower, cashews, unhulled sesame
Vegetables: tomato sauce, swiss chard, collard greens,
Other: blackstrap molasses, prune juice
@Cadence
I tend to drink a lot of oatmeal milk instead of normal milk, tough I haven't been able to drink so much this month cause of money issues, maybe the oatmeal milk have helped more then I thought the months before that? Since I don't tend to feel like this when my period is ending.
I will keep those foods in mind! thank you!
@Ladypearl How are you feeling today? Any better?
@Ladypearl
Ladypearl, while as I nurse,and a female, I can understand what you are saying here...However, FIRST and FOREMOST, take care of 'you"... And that means before jumping to your own theory as to what it might be, you may also want to look at talking to your "Doctor" as well if you are experiencing things or symptoms out of the ordinary for your own body. There are many ways to get your iron through various, healthy foods, however , as a nurse, for "some" this may not be an option. And your doctor may want to run tests to rule out other things (anemia, blood pressure issues etc...) since often, different health symptoms can "mimick" each other!..... And also, some people may actually require a Vitamin/supplement to replace what your body can't get enough of through foods?..... So just be sure that if this is something that continues, to check with your doctor as well 
cc: @Cadence
So when I get my period, I want the most unhealthy foods out there. I'm already obese and am attempting to work on it. I tend to go for sweet. Any health suggestions you guys have ?? Thanks in advance. :)
@Gigglepea
The fact is that cravings amplify during the two weeks prior to a womans period probably because fluctuating estrogen levels have an effect on brain chemistry and this in turn makes many women crave foods mostly high in calories, fats, sugars and salt. .....A way to curb these cravings is to raise levels of serotonin in the brain. And this can be done by eating mood-boosting carbohydrate-rich foods in "moderation" such as whole-wheat or whole grain items such as bread, pasta, or rice or baked/boiled potatoes.
You can get the same craving curbing effect by eating a combination of carbohydrates with a little fat and protein in the mix. Some choices Can be combinations of whole grains with a protein source like beans, lentils, chickpeas or lean protein like chicken or turkey. For example:
A turkey or grilled chicken sandwich with brown bread
Low fat glass of milk with whole-grain cereal cereals
Lentil soup with brown toasted bread or bean stew with brown rice
In addition to keep your blood sugar and insulin levels steady and to eliminate cravings, it's important to have six small meals spread throughout the day at regular times...... You can do something like "BREAKFAST/SNACK/LUNCH/SNACK/DINNER (and then a small bedtime Snack).....
Snacks can be Fruits/nuts, Cheese/nuts, Veggies w/Hummus, (Snacks are just that....small) And this is where you can get your "Sweet" in (fruits, serving of Peanut butter, Rice Cakes with P.b and banana, or rice cakes with strawberries etc...) there are plenty of "healthier" sweet choices... And theres not need to completly avoid what you want, as it will only make you want it more, and MORE of it!... You could also try making your own sweetened "trail-mix".....( mixing in a small tablespoon of dark chocolate chips with a small portion of nuts, and granola, with dried fruit such as cranberries, or cherries, etc....) There are plenty of ways to fulfill your needs in a healthier way. You can also google healthier options as well. And Pinterest also has alot of great ideas!
@PoliteOcean
Thanks :)