New Healthy Foods to Try
Has anyone tried a new food they would recommend?
Mine is nutritional yeast. I've heard about the stuff for years. I was interested, but just lazy about actually seeking the stuff out had I seen it right in front of me, I would have picked it up before now most likely. It's not cheap, $10 for something the size of a large spice container. I suspect I can get it cheaper, but didn't want to purchase a huge amount in case I didn't like it.
It really is good! Loved it on popcorn. I hope to try some recipes with it sometime to. It's a really good source of vitamin B12 (something I need to increase) and as I bonus I found I didn't see any need to salt my popcorn.
@AffyAvo
Romanesco (is kinda similar to cauliflower but prettier). I grilled it along with other veggies and meat and was delicious. If you like veggies I'm sure you'll like this one too. Besides is really pretty!
I recently tried peanut powder. I sometimes make hot oat bran cereal, and I add in ground flax, peanut butter, and dried cranberries. Someone told me about peanut powder so I thought I would try that so I get the protein without the fat in my oat bran. Jif brand is one that I found that does not have added salt or sugar. The bag is small but I don't use it often, and it tastes nice and peanutty in my cereal!