Vegetarism / veganism
Hello![]()
My vegetarian friends, I want hear from you!
Are you vegetarian or vegan?
What was your motivations?
Does-it affect your relations?
How your friends react when you tell them you are vegetarian?
Is your family vegan too?
at what age did you choose to become vegetarian? or switched from vegetarian to vegan?
Let's talk!
@vivelespatates I am vegetarian and have been since leaving home at 17. I choose to be vegetarian because I have never liked fish and didnt particularly like meat, which often used to make me feel very sick so as someone who loved vegetables, nuts, beans etc I decided to stop eating meat. I do not miss it and have no desire to eat bacon sandwiches which I know friends have craved when they have decided to try and become vegetarian. There are more options food wise for vegetarians. My of my friends are very accommodating when it comes to making veggie alternatives for me though tend to always forget about using veggie gravy!!
Are you vegetarian or vegan? I'm vegan
What was your motivations? I'd like to say health but to be honest my health isn't great. I do it for the animals and also because I don't like meat and I don't like the taste of eggs, cheese and butter. Also it is partly so I can get away with not eating certain things.
Does-it affect your relations? Not too bad, most people are kinda eh about it - especially family.
How your friends react when you tell them you are vegetarian? They don't really care to be honest, I only have one proper friend and she supports me but wants me to be healthy.
Is your family vegan too? Nope
At what age did you choose to become vegetarian? or switched from vegetarian to vegan? I had wanted to be vega for a while, before I even became vegetarian but I was too scared to tell my mother. 18th January 2015 I became vegetarian and 25th November 2015 I became vegan. So I was about 14 I think and I'm 17 now.
Moving this thread to our Healthy Living forum :)
@vivelespatates hi i'm 13 and i'm a vegetarian and honestly it hurts me like shit that i can't be a vegan. So, here's the thing veganism is something that I'm so passionate about and really keeps me going. My interest for veganism is based on ethical reasons. For me to go vegetarian I had to ask my mom which is bull but anyways at first she didn't agree, but she ended up taking me to a nutriotionist. This lady helped me giving me meal ideas and a plan to follow ,showing me what to eat. Just a month after becoming a vegetarian I wanted to go fully vegan because I found out how the egg and dairy industries really work. But, this nutritionist believes that as I'm just 13 and I'm gowing I can't go vegan because it's gonna ruin my growth.(again bull) That're my nutritionist's thoughts and without her giving me an approval or something my mom is not gonna help at all with the transition. Nowadays I try not to consume animal products as much, I actually baely consume them, but still it really hurts me that I'm still contributing to such cruel, fucked up industries. Can I get an advice pls?
Hey, I'm a fourteen year old and I'm a vegetarian :)
My motivation was the fact I didn't like how animals were being killed just so we could eat them when we could eat other foods instead. Eating meat makes me feel sick with the thought of eating an animal so being a vegetarian was a good idea. I don't think it effects my relations very much. When I told my friends I was a vegetarian they were very casual about it. My family aren't vegetaians and they don't want me to be one but oh well. I became a vegetarian very recently.