Staying on Track with Healthy Living
How do you stay motivated to make healthy choices even on busy or stressful days?
@ScorpiaD
Honestly, it’s not always easy to stay motivated to make healthy choices, especially on days when I’m busy with classes, assignments, or feeling stressed. What helps me is reminding myself that even small choices matter. For example, if I don’t have time for a full workout, I’ll at least take a short walk or stretch between study sessions. If I’m tempted to skip meals, I try to grab something simple but nourishing instead of fast food, like fruit or a handful of nuts.
I also remind myself that as a psychology student, I’ve learned how much physical health is connected to mental health. Eating better, staying hydrated, and moving my body actually helps me focus and manage stress. So even when I feel like I don’t have the time, I think of these habits as an investment in my energy and mood, which makes my studies easier in the long run.
On stressful days, I don’t aim for perfection. I just try to make one or two better choices and give myself credit for them. That mindset keeps me motivated without feeling pressured.
I am not always good at making the right decisions, but not everything should be right. For example, we sometimes make mistakes in making a decision, but if it is fateful, we must correct it before it is too late.