Finding a workout plan
Hi! How do I create an appropriate workout plan? Any general tips and exercises that are good for overall good health?
@a1locker
Hi there!
Well, first and foremost, its important to be sure that you are are in overall good health and cleared by your healthcare provider to start an exercise program! (Just to add that tidbit in there)!
Once you have done that, the next thing to help get started is to "Start Small". Taking on too much at once can or might seem overwhelming at first if its not something you have done before. (When I first "tried" to get started, I had no clue what to do, or what I liked, or how to proceed).....
For me, (and what I like to share with others!) Is to "FIND SOMETHING YOU LIKE"... What do you like to do? Do you like to walk, run, dance, swim, lift weights, Yoga?...Or perhaps a combination of a few?? START THERE!
I started off trying to do things that I "thought" I was "supposed to do".... and for me, it would then end very quickly!... But, For me, I also LOVE to Dance! Which lead me to a ZUMBA Class. My love for Zumba/ Dancing, was able to help me build up endurance to then take on other things! (From there I was able to have the strength and cardio to continue on with other things a little more heavier) Such as jogging, running, Bootcamps, weight sessions etc...
So... my point is to find something you like, if its simply Walking, then by all means, find a great pair of Shoes, and hit a walking trail, or a local track or park. If its running, then do the same!..... If you like Yoga, or Dance, or Strength/Weight exercise, there are SO many things available to you! Resources such as Youtube or PopSugarFitness are for Free on the internet, and can help you to find videos on those things to keep you going, motivated and moving forwards just by typing in or searching for a workout that you'd like to do!
Lastly, having an "accountablility" partner (while not needed).. Can still be a Huge and great help to keeping you on track in your goals! Whether you are pushing them to workout with you (Which I do to my husband)... OR.. whether they are pushing YOU back! Its a great motivator.
You've got this! Start Small... Perhaps start with a few minutes like (10 minutes) depending on how sedentary or active you are?!... Then gradually increase your efforts over time. Such as next 10 minutes 3x a week until you get to 30 minutes..... Then maybe depending on the activity of choice (walking, dancing or whatever),... maybe increase to 45minutes then eventually up to a full 60 minutes! OR WHATEVER COMBINATION WORKS FOR YOU!
We are here to support you in any way that we can and are able. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out. Good luck to you!