Need some guidance
So I'm trying to get back to my ideal weight which isn't far away. I just got out of a mixed bipolar episode that lasted a couple of months. Resulted in a rapid loss of 24lbs. I had no appetite. Not eating isn't a healthy way to drop that much weight. But it made clothes fit again that hadn't fit in a while so I'm happy. To give some background I weighed the most ever around 23 or 24 at 150lbs. I was pleased with that. Then I started a strong antipsychotic infamous for weight gain. After 7 months I weighed 240lbs. Stopping the med resulted in weight loss. My few years batting alcoholism added some. Sober 6 months now which resulted in a loss. Now I'm around 165lbs. I can tell you all about mental health but I'm lost on physical health. I have started drinking a lot of water daily recently though which has made me feel a bit better. But I'd like some guidance on things to get back to my original weight. Between 140 and 150. I love going on walks but some days are too cold. I can't do a gym membership except for using the community center gym but I need guidance there too. So, looking for some buddies that can guide me in the right direction. I don't overeat and I naturally don't have much of a sweet tooth. Open to any suggestions and perhaps someone to keep me on track. And I know it will have a positive impact on my mental health too. A psychiatrist I had briefly told me people forget the brain is an organ like any other. It requires good hydration, exercise and a good diet. Also boosting my self esteem is a huge jump. College starts in August. Surely that's plenty of time to reach my goal.
Two things really helped me. The first was portion control. I ate only small meals for awhile, and so far, I have lost 18 lbs. Try eating smaller meals.
The second is exercising for 30 minutes at a time. Choose the activity which you like the most, whether it be walking on a treadmill, walking outside, biking, swimming, skating, or dancing, etc.
I'm wishing you the best of luck!!!
@Luxabelle @Truesight
I agree with Luxabelle on portion control. I also agree that exercise helps tremendously with that. If you want some more advice I'd say try doing some kind of fitness that trains the upper body.
I've been trying to improve my fitness game as well. I started off purposely gaining weight to build muscle, from there I made it a habit to exercise when it fit into my schedule.
You're doing great and I commend you for that, but I think where people go wrong when trying to lose weight is taking on too much.
With that being said I'd say start small and work your way up...
Again congratulations!
@Luxabelle thank you so much. I eat a small lunch and dinner. And walk the dog every day. I don't snack. You've given me hope.
@TrueSight
I’m glad you have hope. Congrats