Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How many hours of sleep do you usually get a night?

User Profile: Kate
Kate March 11th, 2019

This week is Sleep Awareness Week!

How many hours of sleep do you usually get a night?

270
User Profile: friendlyPear1658
friendlyPear1658 March 16th, 2019

I sleep 8 hours on weekdays and too much on weekends. It is difficult for me to wake up early in fact!

User Profile: Dylock
Dylock March 16th, 2019

It is useful to think about the mechanics of sleep. I've asked myself before why there is a biological need to sleep, and what specific reason exists on why sleep quality isn't quantitive, but cyclical.

1 reply
User Profile: magneticLight30
magneticLight30 April 10th, 2019

@Dylock by cyclical you mean??

1 reply
User Profile: Dylock
Dylock April 13th, 2019

Cyclical as in, sleep comes in three cycles.

load more
load more
User Profile: Sapphire21moonlight
Sapphire21moonlight March 29th, 2019

5 hours

User Profile: Zulegirl
Zulegirl April 8th, 2019

8 hours. Growing up i had ot get up so early because i grew up on a ranch. So there was never any sleeping in

User Profile: berryfields2409
berryfields2409 April 9th, 2019

Now that I'm sick with a cold I'm getting upward of 10+ between the night and naps during the day

User Profile: Azzy21
Azzy21 April 14th, 2019

I get 0 hours of sleep. I have tried everything to help me sleep but nothing has worked. Im back to square one again struggling to get sleep!

5 replies
User Profile: VeganFeminist123
VeganFeminist123 April 15th, 2019

@Azzy21 Have you tried valerian root? You can get it witout prescription and it's fairly inexpensive. Other than than prescribed strong sleeping pills if you can't sleep at all. A lot of studies show that the more physical activity you do during the day and exhaust your body, the easier you'll fall asleep as you've spent a lot of energy and you will autmatically need rest.

4 replies
User Profile: Azzy21
Azzy21 April 17th, 2019

I havent tried valerian root and I went doctors on Monday and they said that they wouldnt prescribe me Zopiclone as its addictive. So they prescribed me amitriptyline. And so far it has helped me sleep. The dr also said about counselling. Also said that if amitriptyline doesnt work then I need psychological therapy. @VeganFeminist123

User Profile: Azzy21
Azzy21 April 17th, 2019

And Im doing exercise, Im doing it 3 days a week. But Im gonna try and do it 5 days a week. @VeganFeminist123

2 replies
User Profile: VeganFeminist123
VeganFeminist123 April 17th, 2019

@Azzy21 It's true sleeping pills can get addictive, natural remedies are always better options. I hope it works out for you (:

1 reply
User Profile: Azzy21
Azzy21 April 18th, 2019

Thank u and I got sleep. The amitriptyline worked. Thanks for the suggestion of valerian root though. 😊 @VeganFeminist123

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Thatperson123
Thatperson123 April 15th, 2019

On a good day I get 10 hours of sleep on a bad day like 2-5

User Profile: berryfields2409
berryfields2409 April 18th, 2019

I'm having a really rough time sleeping right now....... I'd say 4-5

User Profile: LiteSpaghetti
LiteSpaghetti April 21st, 2019

I used to have insomnia and slept for 4-6 hours a night for a couple years and started using melatonin, and then I got dependent on had a panic attack if I didn't take 3 per day, then I passed out staying up watching Madagascar 3 and then I realized I didn't need it. Now I have Hypersomnia and sleep for 8-9 hours a night, sometimes naps, but I'm usually just tired and fatigued and close my eyes and nod off a bit in some of my school classes, but yeah I'm always tired now and I can't sleep for over 10 hours even if I take sleep pills :3

User Profile: tranquilbear14
tranquilbear14 April 21st, 2019

6 hours