Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I can't get to sleep and I don't dream

User Profile: glthompson
glthompson December 18th, 2016

I haven't been diagnosed with a sleeping disorder but I'm having serious problems getting to sleep. I'm going off of 1-3 hours a night on school days so it's difficult. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I also don't dream or I guess remember them. I only ever have a dream(or remember it) once every few months. Does anyone else experience this? Is it connected to my sleeping problems or is it just how some people are?

14
User Profile: ChromeLotus
ChromeLotus December 18th, 2016

Getting only 1 to 3 hours sleep per day, for any extended period, isn't good. Your body requires more than that. I would certainly mention this to your doctor. As for the dreams... it's likely you simply don't remember them

User Profile: glthompson
glthompson OP December 18th, 2016

@ChromeLotus

thank you, I'll definitely mention it to my doctor when I see him. I've been meaning to but I've been distracted lately. So I'll make sure to do that!

load more
User Profile: Anomalia
Anomalia January 19th, 2017

Moving this thread (and this forum!) to sit within Healthy Living: Sleeping Well

User Profile: younity
younity January 25th, 2017

@glthompson implement apple cider vinegar into your diet(organic) it is able to decalcify our pineal glands which are linked to our dreams. also, exercise and meditation will boost the effectiveness of your sleep.

User Profile: younity
younity January 25th, 2017

@younity pineal gland which is*

User Profile: glthompson
glthompson OP January 25th, 2017

@younity thank you! I'll make sure to do this :)

load more
load more
User Profile: Reyy
Reyy January 26th, 2017

@glthompson

Personally, I think people not being able to remember their dreams is due to a combination of people's innate nature and things that they experience in their daily routine. I'm curious as to what you may have been doing differently in the few cases that you do remember your dreams since I always seem to have shifted around my own routine in some way (trying out new foods in my diet, changing how long I meditate for each night, or taking on a new project) whenever it seems like I've started to remember my dreams more.

User Profile: glthompson
glthompson OP February 8th, 2017

@Reyy

The few times I remembered my dreams were usually when I wasn't at home. For instance, I went on a camping trip with my family during spring break last year and I remembered my dreams the few days we were there. Another time was when I slept on my aunt's couch in North Carolina during Fourth of July. I didn't realize it until you asked what things had changed in the instances I remembered my dreams, but you were right that they all occurred when my routine changed. Thanks!

User Profile: Reyy
Reyy February 8th, 2017

@glthompson

Ah, it's interesting that an environmental change triggered increased rememberance. Cool stuff! Glad I could help out. :)

load more
load more
User Profile: younity
younity February 10th, 2017

@glthompson speaking with a medical professional could be a good start to get a diagnosis on the root of the issue here. as far as dreams go, organic apple cider is very effective in decalcifying the pineal gland, which is in charge of our dream state. you will begin to have more vivid and memorable dreams. some things you can do to improve your sleeping pattern is try changing the setting of where you sleep. also make sure youre getting enough vitamins and minerals, which are essential for promoting healthy sleep.

User Profile: younity
younity February 10th, 2017

@younity lol i just realized i already replied to this thread ;P. well incase you missed it the first time

load more