Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One thing that ensures a good night sleep for me is.....

User Profile: Laura
Laura December 6th, 2016

One thing that ensures a good night sleep for me is.....

298
User Profile: NeonAcaiGrape
NeonAcaiGrape July 25th, 2018

Reading a book, i usually prefer relatively easy reading books for my bedtime.

User Profile: Chewykins
Chewykins August 2nd, 2018

I also have a ton of stuffies I need to sleep. They are my stuffie babies. I have 2 owls, a lion, rainbow llama and an unicorn. The owls (Penelope and SJ) are reminders of my older brother because I call him my owl. The lion (Valentine) is my are Reminders of my younger brother because I call him my lion. The rainbow llama (skittles) is of my husband because he is my one-of-a-kind. The unicorn is a representation of me. Because I am a unicorn if you were to put me as an animal. They are all necessities to me being able to sleep. Funny enough thats not even close to all of my stuffed animals. ☺️

User Profile: SaleemF
SaleemF September 9th, 2018

@Chewykins

sounds like quite the colorful collection. I think its awesome how every one has a deep connection to someone in your life via what the animal represents. In a sense, theyre always with you.

User Profile: Chewykins
Chewykins September 9th, 2018

@SaleemF thank you. Thats how I see it too. Since I have bad nightmares from my PTSD, its helpful in falling back asleep.

User Profile: SaleemF
SaleemF September 9th, 2018

@Chewykins

out if curiousity (if you dont mind talking about it), how does the unicorn perfectly match up with you? Is it its magestic beauty, mysterious background, or something else within?

User Profile: Chewykins
Chewykins September 9th, 2018

@SaleemF my brothers always tell me I

User Profile: SaleemF
SaleemF September 9th, 2018

@Chewykins

Now THAT is a perfect match if Ive ever heard/read one. If thats the case, then the world is in great shape with you taking care of it....now if only more unicorns could start showing up then thatd be great. Either way, your family is lucky to have you by their side. Keep on giving as it is greatest thing that any one of us can do in this world.

User Profile: Chewykins
Chewykins September 9th, 2018

@SaleemF

thank you!

User Profile: Chewykins
Chewykins September 9th, 2018

@SaleemF who/what do you identify with and why?

User Profile: SaleemF
SaleemF September 9th, 2018

@Chewykins

this is where Id actually turn to you for help with this as Ive never really been good at comparing myself to something necessarily however Ive noticed one common thing amongst all of my phases in life: my undying love for exploration.

No matter what Im doing, when Im doing it, or how Im doing it, Im always constantly exploring as much as possible. Not too sure if theres an animal, object, or individual that could fit that.

User Profile: Chewykins
Chewykins September 9th, 2018

@SaleemF by the little I do know from talking to you I would see you as a hummingbird. You have a beautiful personality that shows your true colors as you try to uplift other people. You try to draw out the sweetness of a person just as a hummingbird carefully and gently draws out nectar. They also love to travel.The ruby-throated hummingbird has an estimated flight range of around 1,400 miles. You are a beautiful person that no one can compare to!

I hope you like my comparison and Im on point. If not, Im sorry.

User Profile: Chewykins
Chewykins September 9th, 2018

@SaleemF travel/ explore. I meant to put both but I only put one.

User Profile: SaleemF
SaleemF September 9th, 2018

@Chewykins

That is an absolutely PERFECT representation of me. I think Ill hold onto that going forward. Your description is beyond on point.

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Lolowise475
Lolowise475 August 4th, 2018

Moderate temperature. A cool compress or ice water and a breathing machine. There is no air conditioning here.

User Profile: AutumnBreeze92
AutumnBreeze92 August 17th, 2018

Relaxing Music

User Profile: PennyBlossomGirl
PennyBlossomGirl March 12th, 2019

Writing down my feelings and resolution of the day.

User Profile: SaleemF
SaleemF April 4th, 2019

@PennyBlossomGirl

I've started up a Journal series to which I write out any major eye opening experiences that take place in my life and what I could learn from them and/or how I can reflect back on them in the future. So far, it's been life changing how much one's life experiences tends to connect to each other when you least expect it in profound ways. I've learned so much about myself since I decided to start this.

It's pretty relaxing actually and it makes life feel much more like a progressing journey filled with interesting chapters as opposed to what was once a "daily same old nonsense" mentality. Anyway, sorry for the long winded reply...just thought your post stood out to me with what I'm currently doing. Hope it's still relaxing, healthy, and beneficial for you to continue writing down your feelings, experiences, etc..

load more
User Profile: ItsWitch
ItsWitch March 13th, 2019

Whisky

User Profile: Introvrtd1
Introvrtd1 March 13th, 2019

Exercise and moderate drinking

User Profile: snow1313
snow1313 March 14th, 2019

Running 5 or 6 miles usually has me tired

User Profile: PennyBlossomGirl
PennyBlossomGirl April 22nd, 2019

Masturbating

User Profile: SaleemF
SaleemF April 23rd, 2019

@PennyBlossomGirl

If you're being serious here, might I suggest to find another method. Masturbation as a reliance for comfort CAN (not saying will) have some consequences down the road in different departments. Just something to consider to be on the safe side if you're using it every single night.

User Profile: amethystfeather0207
amethystfeather0207 April 28th, 2019

@SaleemF

which are the consequences, SaleemF?

User Profile: SaleemF
SaleemF April 29th, 2019

@Lavendersubmarine

In the department of psychological/mental consequences, you have the possibility of creating a certain fantasy in your mind that, if/when you do engage in a sexual moment with someone, will ruin your expectations of said moment. In other words, you'll find that YOU are able to create exactly what you need sexually than someone else which can damage your overall view on the experience of having sex in general...in the grand scheme of things. Again, this is just a possibility and may not be the case for everyone, but it possible.

There's also the very real scenario of it becoming an addiction (which I suppose can add onto my previous point) like drugs, unhealthy fatty foods, and other means to escape stress in life. If heavily relied on in that way, masturbation can be dangerous for someone as it allows them to lock away what's bothering them deep inside which will only hurt them significantly down the line.

I won't get into the possible physical consequences as I'm not really informed in that area (and I'm not one to pretend like I know things), so I'll leave that up to personal research on your end. I have heard that there is physical effects but I have nothing to prove it with. I can only speak from past research and, as ashame as I am to say, personal experience in my own past. Although I've left that part of my life not too long ago making the decision to quit and STAY AWAY from it, I didn't forget the lessons that I learned along the way.

Hope this helps and I have to emphasize that everything that I stated isn't a guaranteed effect, but a possibility.

User Profile: amethystfeather0207
amethystfeather0207 April 29th, 2019

@SaleemF

okay SaleemF , thank you for clearing it for me!

load more
load more
User Profile: outofsorts
outofsorts April 29th, 2019

@SaleemF I struggle with this and its consuming. sad

User Profile: SaleemF
SaleemF April 30th, 2019

@outofsorts

How I got out of masturbation addiction (I'm now closing in on 5 months clean which is insane whenever I reflect on it) is something that I have to be very sensitive about speakingn to someone. Bare with me if you're not of a religious mind, but the only true way that I can explain it is that I turned to God with this. I made getting "clean" a top priority in my life. I WANTED to be free of this pain and I WANTED to be clean of this sinful act and addiction.

My strong desire to become clean started to conflict with my sexual desires creating a conflict of good and bad within me that was completely absent before in my many years of consumption. Now that a battle was actually in play, so started the healing process. For when there's a legitimate battle between good and evil inside of you, there is something to fight for. Masturbation became the enemy and I wanted to be the victor, so I put forth all effort in fighting the good fight.

Let me make one thing clear upfront, it was not an easy battle whatsoever and even to this day, I still have feelings that are unmistakably sexual unfulfilled desires. BUT when I think back at how far I've come over the months and how pure I've felt in that department, it allows me to face the enemy in the face and confidently say "I've beaten you and I will continue to defeat you". So, where does God play into all of this? Well, for me, everywhere.

The painful irony is that right when I was trying to defeat masturbation by setting goals for myself and priorities to control it, I was only having minor sucesses. I was attempting to hit goals like "Go a week or two without it", etc.. However, everytime I felt I was moving forward, I would always slip back and feel only somewhat like I was accomplishing my mission. The sad truth is that I simply could not do this on my own, and that's when divine intervention shined its ironic light on everything for me.

It's so happen, my eczema started triggering out of nowhere in arandomly high stakes manner which then caused my body and mind to lose all interest in physical desires and went into straight fight or flight to handle the situation. In other words, one problem (masturbation) was replaced with a more pressing medical problem (my randomly returning eczema). When I took notice of this miracle in timing, I decided to push forward even more in never leaning on those tendencies ever again. Ever since that moment, even when my eczema would be tolerable, I still wouldn't even budge to entertain the idea of doing it. I feel like God made it a point to medically stop me from doing it long enough for me to make a bolder choice.

So, I say to you as someone who has suffered for years with addiction in that field eventually becoming clean, do not let desire consume you. We're all human and we all have feelings and itches that we instinctly want to satisfy, but there will ALWAYS be a cost to over indulging and going about things the unhealthy way just for a temporary fix on something. The healthy and righteous way will always be the hardest way, yet what people need to realize is that it's also the most rewarding in the grand scheme of things.

Be strict with yourself in your coming journey to become clean of your addiction. But also, be patient with yourself understanding that it won't be an overnight fix. It took A LOT of convincing for me to see that my temporary sensational fixes were only hurting me more and more over the years, but after I did my research, I knew I had to try my hardest Eventually, I learned that I couldn't do it on my own, so I respectfully, caringly, and lovingly nudge towards looking towards someone for help. If I may make a reccomendation that I'm sure will raise some red flags, but I must speak from the heart. If you're not already of a particular faith or spiritual mind, might I, with much respect towards your culture or lifestyle, suggest seeing how divine intervention can play a major role in your healing.

You may find more than you think in that department, but it's just a suggestion. If not, I suggest just really doing some deep research in the dangers of being consumed by such a thing as masturbation and any form of self pleasuring. Sorry for the long winded response, but I always try to speak from the heart and mind with genuine care (which tends to lead to long winded answers). I hope and pray that you become healed, friend.

User Profile: funnyLake2917
funnyLake2917 September 13th, 2021

@SaleemF

I know for sure that in most cases sleep issues are because of increased anxiety. The brain has to process a tonne of information even at night and you react to it by thinking and rethinking it. Sometimes sports helps when your body is exhausted you can pass out. I practiced scooter riding for a while, it gave me a huge physical load, so in those days I slept almost always. But that's not the solution. The tension and pressure of today's life make almost impossible normal and natural sleep. A psychologist helped me. After a few months of therapy, lot's of my fears and things that triggered me disappeared and I began to sleep. It was a miracle that I didn't even understand how it happened.

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: luxx454
luxx454 April 23rd, 2019

An interesting podcast along with warm tea