Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Bubble Tea aka Boba tea

User Profile: LaynieJWest5661
LaynieJWest5661 August 10th, 2015

Anybody else here like Bubble tea/ Boba tea? If so what flavored? Have you tried making this at home?

36
User Profile: calmBeach4413
calmBeach4413 August 29th, 2015

I really like boba! It's been a while since I've had any, but that's because there aren't any great boba shops in my area. I tend to like rose or honey flavored tea with boba. Taro is pretty good too! :)

User Profile: Aly30
Aly30 August 29th, 2015

I love bubble tea! My favourite flavours are black milk tea, taro, and oreo black milk tea (it is as good as it sounds. Especially if you're an oreo lover like me!) My mom usually makes it at home. She buys the tapioca and then she boils it at home, and then the flavouring usually comes in powder form and you just make it liquid by following the directions on the package. Do you guys prefer smoothies or just simply tea?

1 reply
User Profile: LaynieJWest5661
LaynieJWest5661 OP September 4th, 2015

I would love to find the oreo one that sounds so good right now.

load more
User Profile: AffyAvo
AffyAvo September 4th, 2015

There's a small local place that I love!

I don't really have a favourite, I often get real fruit slushies but I like hot tea options as well. Hot ginger bubble tea is great if I have a cold or respiratory tract infection.

User Profile: jiahui99
jiahui99 June 27th, 2018

Which brand of bubble tea listed below do you think is the most expensive in Singapore?

(A) Koi

(B) LiHO

(C) Gong cha

User Profile: FutureTeacher301
FutureTeacher301 June 27th, 2018

I just don't understand the joke about it! D: I have been watching lots of ASMR videos about bubble tea but I can't understand what is its function, is really a thing to eat? What are the ingredients? What is the nutritional value of it? I just don't understand, help me. :(

2 replies
User Profile: AffyAvo
AffyAvo June 27th, 2018

@FutureTeacher301 The bubbles are made of tapioca/cassava, plus a few other ingredients. They have a similar texture to a gummy bear. The nutritional value really depends on the individual drink.

I'm not sure what you mean by a joke. It's a drink, with edible balls inside it. Just like someone might put a topping on icecream, it's a little extra in a drink.

2 replies
User Profile: FutureTeacher301
FutureTeacher301 July 18th, 2018

@AffyAvo It's a way to say "The meaning", "The final use". That's what I say when I tell "The joke". :P

1 reply
User Profile: AffyAvo
AffyAvo July 18th, 2018

@FutureTeacher301 Ah, never heard it used that way. Now I know smiley

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Pleiades20
Pleiades20 July 2nd, 2018

I love bubble tea! I actually got a bag of the dried boba once but I never figured out how to make it. :/

User Profile: RaspberryCup8692
RaspberryCup8692 July 18th, 2018

I really enjoy bubble tea, especially the Taro and Honeydew flavours of milk tea. In the last year I have had to give up refined sugar though, so I am not sure that there is a way for me to have it anymore. I should see how much sugar is in tapioca..if it isn't much, I could just ask them to leave the sugar out of the tea part.