Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I finally got my new camera but I don't think I can make as good pictures with it.

User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 April 19th, 2025

My new camera finally arrived from amazon.  I played around with the settings and took it outside and took some pictures.  Currently I'm not impressed with the results.  Still feel like my old Kodak camera which doesn't even turn on much anymore still was taking better pictures.  I find it hard to find a good camera within my price range anymore.

78
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP April 27th, 2025

Guess the flower.  lol

01

keep-aatp0095_1745796489.jpg

02

keep-aatp0111_1745796503.jpg

03

keep-aatp0112_1745796517.jpg

1 reply
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP May 4th, 2025

@tryingtosurvive2024 

@amicableox0685  did you see these?

load more
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP April 27th, 2025

Grass with some adjustments on Shotwell.

aatp0181_1745797047.jpg

User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP April 27th, 2025

@Tinywhisper11

@jacek73

@aquaPomegranate2694

@amicableox0685

@geistbaum71

@Ammulu6


John Deere Tractor

01  I altered the colors a little on this picture.  The rest of them I left alone.  But I used a camera filter on the last ones.

01-aatp0123_1745798159.jpg

02

02-aatp0125_1745798174.jpg

03

03-aatp0128_1745798195.jpg

04

04-aatp0132_1745798216.jpg

05

05-aatp0152_1745798232.jpg

06

06-aatp0154_1745798253.jpg

07 

07-aatp0155_1745798272.jpg

08

08-aatp0156_1745798291.jpg

09

09-aatp0157_1745798310.jpg

User Profile: CocoaTempleton
CocoaTempleton April 28th, 2025

I love photography! Currently I only take pics on my iPhone though. Maybe playing with the settings some more will help

1 reply
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP April 28th, 2025

@jaileybeann16  What changes do you think my pictures need?

load more
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP April 28th, 2025

@Tinywhisper11

01

01-aatp0122_1745803288.jpg

02

02-aatp0141_1745803305.jpg

03

03-aatp0145_1745803327.jpg

04

04-aatp0150_1745803347.jpg

05

05-aatp0160_1745803361.jpg

06

06-aatp0161_1745803378.jpg

07

07-aatp0167_1745803396.jpg

08

08-aatp0169_1745803414.jpg

09

09-aatp0172_1745803433.jpg

10

10-aatp0176_1745803451.jpg

User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP May 3rd, 2025

aatp0217_1746287857.jpg

aatp0220_1746288057.jpg

aatp0228_1746288435.jpg

aatp0228_1746288602.jpg

aatp0226_1746288875.jpg

User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP May 3rd, 2025

aatp0222_1746289609.jpg

User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP May 3rd, 2025

aatp0214_1746289809.jpg

aatp0214_1746289995.jpg

aatp0289_1746290191.jpg

6 replies
User Profile: amicableox0685
amicableox0685 May 4th, 2025

@tryingtosurvive2024

Try experimenting with angles and closeups. Not sure how good your cam would be for that but try it. I'd say snap some shots of trees at an angle and flowers with a close up.

5 replies
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP May 4th, 2025

@amicableox0685  It seems that you must of missed some of the pictures I have in this thread.  I got a really close up of a battery charger and some yellow dandelions.  Personally I don't think photography is for me. I can't hold it still enough when shooting.  And the camera isn't up today's standards in quality.  Don't buy it.  The settings are stupid too.

4 replies
User Profile: amicableox0685
amicableox0685 May 6th, 2025

@tryingtosurvive2024

You win some you lose some but honestly sometimes you have to have the right eye. With any skill it takes time and patience to develope. I've taken some really good photos with my phone and it's only 13MP. Just takes a little creativity. Keep trying. Look at some books. It's not all about the quality of the camera. There area some really old photos taken from back-in-the-day that have a sort of flare to them.

Your photos can be the same. Maybe bring it with you when you go to different places. Don't just give up just because they don't look like the stuff online or in the magazines. Maybe a picture you take can be magazinje worthy if the right shot is taken...


Keep snapping...

User Profile: amicableox0685
amicableox0685 May 6th, 2025

@tryingtosurvive2024

and yes I did see those photos. Some are good...try to find some flowers are that group together. I think you camera isn't so equipped for lighting so low light might make it stand out, then you could add enhancements.

User Profile: amicableox0685
amicableox0685 May 6th, 2025

@tryingtosurvive2024

also maybe try creating a setting for your photos. I think you'd really love that. Could really get you in the groove to snap some photos as well. You could use people with some flowers you picked.

1 reply
User Profile: tryingtosurvive2024
tryingtosurvive2024 OP May 6th, 2025

@amicableox0685  thank you for the suggestions.  😊

load more
load more
load more
load more