Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is one hobby you would like to see more people get into?

User Profile: Joyce25
Joyce25 April 10th, 2025

Hello everyone. I am curious about what everyone's hobbies are and what hobbies you would like to see other people be in or what hobbies you think are underrated? 

I am a gamer but I also enjoy collecting things, such as plushies and little nicknacks. I also enjoy reading and listening to music. I was thinking about doing some more things such I have the summer off from university and I want to use this post as inspiration. 

87
User Profile: DemiMondaine
DemiMondaine May 10th, 2025

Are we allowed to name just one? I could name a multitude so if the OP is still looking for inspiration, here goes -

Outdoor hobbies: using outdoor gyms, microadventures, wild camping, stargazing, natural navigation, gravefinding.

Indoors: learning first aid/PFA, meditation, pranayama/breathwork, language learning.

And the poster who mentioned community shared initiatives - chapeau! That absolutely nails it.

User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 May 12th, 2025

Putting books in Little Free Libraries <3

4 replies
User Profile: slowdecline48
slowdecline48 May 15th, 2025

@jesusredeemedme2425 At one point I wanted to, but every time I stopped by my neighborhood LFLs they were already full!

The other problem is not everyone shares my taste in reading...

3 replies
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 May 15th, 2025

Maybe branch out to other towns?

What do you like reading?

2 replies
User Profile: slowdecline48
slowdecline48 May 15th, 2025

History, mostly. Military & religious history particularly interest me, but general surveys of any particular time/place are also great. Aside from that, I like post-apoc fiction & the occasional literary tome by one of the great 19th or 20th-century novelists.

1 reply
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 May 15th, 2025

A lot of people would LOVE that! <3 Go ahead, put those in LFLs :)

I think it’s more like, please don’t fill the LFLs with old textbooks and old encyclopedias and books that are mildewy and falling apart lol

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Sammy4u
Sammy4u May 12th, 2025

I would like people to just appreciate nature more. I love staring at the skies at night and watching the ocean waves. I love thick forests and caves. I love anything not made by man.

User Profile: BenjaminLee23
BenjaminLee23 May 12th, 2025

@Joyce25

Doodling! It's fun and light, doesn't take much time out of your day. Doodle anything you see, or whatever you can think of! A small book, sticky notes, on any surface with any tool! You'll quickly realize how liberating it is to just let the pen do its thing with no pressure.

User Profile: Honeyjunnu
Honeyjunnu May 12th, 2025

A little bit of kindness

User Profile: Jenny022
Jenny022 May 12th, 2025

@Joyce25 I think people should read a lot! 

3 replies
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 May 13th, 2025

I do! Hehe. Currently reading “Planet Earth is Blue”, “Sachiko”, and “Ruby Holler”! <3

User Profile: slowdecline48
slowdecline48 May 15th, 2025

@Jenny022 +1. I can't help but suspect if reading for pleasure was ubiquitous, mass culture would be better than it is...or maybe that's just wishful thinking. Who knows?

1 reply
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 May 15th, 2025

Agreed! :)

Or at least, grammar would be used and acknowledged more lol

load more
load more

Inwould loce more people would do hobbys together. I do Improvisation theater but also like my group where we talk conscious and with non violent communication about relationships. I also attended Authentic Relating Games which made me instantly connected to some people and is a good reflective thing.

User Profile: resourcefulLion3734
resourcefulLion3734 May 13th, 2025

User Profile: resourcefulLion3734
resourcefulLion3734 May 13th, 2025

Id like to engage in reading exercise/ dancing, cooking baking and learning AI tools , apart from psychology courses ... I might try clay pot making ..

User Profile: Izzy314159
Izzy314159 May 13th, 2025

@Joyce25

I play the Pathfinder 2e, TTRPG.
I sing in a Barbershop chorus.
I go geocaching.