Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is the best hobby to meet people :)

User Profile: JackieMan
JackieMan March 17th, 2023

: )

117
User Profile: compassionateFriend4802
compassionateFriend4802 April 15th, 2023

@JackieMan

Honestly, sports got me a lot of new friends.

You'll find which sport suits you, but I've been in archery since about 2019, and I got into kickboxing last year and BJJ this year, and made a lot of friends, especially in competitions.

User Profile: littleWater1579
littleWater1579 April 15th, 2023

@JackieMan For me a bookstore.

User Profile: SteveMiller
SteveMiller April 15th, 2023

@JackieMan man, there are so many... gyms, parks ( walking, running), learning new instruments, go to parties, have brunch at different restaurants each time, downtown streets on weekdays...


User Profile: MissKatMonroe
MissKatMonroe April 16th, 2023

The Gym?

User Profile: WJamie
WJamie April 16th, 2023

@JackieMan idol?or game

User Profile: ImpudentIncognito
ImpudentIncognito April 16th, 2023

Not sure what the "best" hobby is, but I'll explain some of mine. :-)


Karaoke - One of my FAVOURITE hobbies to get to know people, I've bar hopped a couple of times, and now people know me at karaoke. There's even a DJ that saves a couple of songs for me and my brothers everytime we go there, so we don't even have to pick our songs, he just has it ready for us. :-) [Also note, you DON'T have to drink to have a good time. I don't always drink, sometimes I just eat some food and have a cup or two of water. That's it]

Language Learning - Definitely can talk to a wise variety of people, whether that's online or in person. In college, I ended up making a Spanish Study group for class, but it evolved into a Polyglot studying group, and eventually must ended up making so many friends from everywhere. You can check online for language learning groups in your area. Also, you can practice your skills in real life too. When I go to Chinese restaurants, I practice my mandarin, and it always puts a smile on their face.

Drawing/Writing - I know this might seem like the opposite, and more of a "how can you do drawing with other people??" I used to have a group of artistic friends, and we'd all draw, write, or so whatever that's creative together.

Concerts/Live Music - As an amateur musician, it's awesome to meet other musicians or music lovers! You can also maybe look for other bands or groups to join and place music together. If you don't know how to play, sign up for music learning classes and you can meet people that way. I know a few instruments, but I want to start getting formal training soon.

Mountain Climbing/Beach Walking/Trekking/Trails- Pretty simple, but see if there are other people doing the same thing if you enjoy being in nature.

Sports/Exercise - If you like sports or a fitness fanatic, it's super easy to make buddies there too! The kind of sports I enjoy is more like...Martial Arts & Gymnastics. Martial arts is amazing because apart from building strength, it builds discipline. As for exercise, I like to weightlift. The only cardio I truly enjoy is running, but I'm trying to gain weight right now, so no cardio at the moment, except for going for a walk. I'll always go for walks.

Cooking/Eating Out - I enjoy cooking and don't really like cooking for myself. Currently trying to find a cooking group to learn new recipes. Right now, I cook for a friend. I used to cook for my dates all the time, but currently single. I don't mind eating out but... I..hate junk food. I don't feel good after eating it...just kinda depends I suppose. I guess a fancy restaurant every once in awhile doesn't hurt, but I feel better if I cooked it. Idk.



I'm sure there's more, but there's are more related to my own hobbies...

1 reply
User Profile: conscientiousWheel4169
conscientiousWheel4169 April 16th, 2023

@Hey ImpudentIncognito

Thats a lot of hobbies. I bet you stay active a busy.

load more
User Profile: damaged97
damaged97 April 16th, 2023

Anime I love it

User Profile: conscientiousWheel4169
conscientiousWheel4169 April 16th, 2023

I feel it's important to have a close circle of good friends. Then maintaining those connections takes hard work and dedication to others. Hobbies are a great icebreaker to meet new friends. I try to put myself out there more. I don't go to bars and hangout. It's not my thing. Thanks for stiring my creative juices on this topic.

User Profile: GoldenLion777
GoldenLion777 April 17th, 2023

@JackieMan probably cooking or art. Do a paint and sip

User Profile: f0xy
f0xy April 17th, 2023

@JackieMan Heya!

Here are my 2 cents. Anything that needs a group to exist, or is done better with more than just yourself works perfectly :)

Some examples are:
1. A sport like running, cycling, badminton, tennis etc, especially in a club
2. Leisure activities like book clubs, paintball, trekking.
3. Local travelling. These events do allow people to register alone, and group them up for the trip.
4. Quiz nights at bars, pubs, cafes or anywhere else! Most of them are not competitive and hence super supportive for you to participate. Eventually, everyone mingles after the event with the host :)

Hope this helps. Cheers!